What's new

At last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello u8, wow that name's a mouthful. I sympathise with your HA, I'm not all that interested in your vaping accoutrements and habits or signing in here issues. I wish to discuss issues far and above all that tosh.

How the fuck did you fish off the Bill??????? Unless it was round the corner maybe? I tried it once and had to call it a day as I just could not hold bottom. Not knowing the place I fired out a 6oz lead and before I could set it back in the tripod, it was being wrenched from my hands! I leaned over the edge and saw my line was way downstream and I knew I had cast it upstream a tad. A bit puzzled and not really believing it, I wound in and cast out upstream again but this time I stood watching my line into the water. Watching as the line just flew left at a rate of knots that I had never seen or heard of before.

So in it came again and I changed the lead to a grab lead and stuck a 2oz polo on top. No difference. As you can well imagine the air was a deeper shade of blue than the water by this time. I finished with gently lobbing two 6oz breakaways out and the best I could manage was probably halving the speed of the flow. Not even time enough to roll a fag. Probably hardly enough time to get one of those poofy cork tipped things out of a packet I shouldn't think, if I was that way disposed of course. Welcome to the Portland Race!!

Best welcome you here too I guess.

Hello u8, wow that name's a mouthful. I sympathise with your HA, I'm not all that interested in your vaping accoutrements and habits or signing in here issues. I wish to discuss issues far and above all that tosh.

How the fuck did you fish off the Bill??????? Unless it was round the corner maybe? I tried it once and had to call it a day as I just could not hold bottom. Not knowing the place I fired out a 6oz lead and before I could set it back in the tripod, it was being wrenched from my hands! I leaned over the edge and saw my line was way downstream and I knew I had cast it upstream a tad. A bit puzzled and not really believing it, I wound in and cast out upstream again but this time I stood watching my line into the water. Watching as the line just flew left at a rate of knots that I had never seen or heard of before.

So in it came again and I changed the lead to a grab lead and stuck a 2oz polo on top. No difference. As you can well imagine the air was a deeper shade of blue than the water by this time. I finished with gently lobbing two 6oz breakaways out and the best I could manage was probably halving the speed of the flow. Not even time enough to roll a fag. Probably hardly enough time to get one of those poofy cork tipped things out of a packet I shouldn't think, if I was that way disposed of course. Welcome to the Portland Race!!

Best welcome you here too I guess.

Well I was around to the left of the Bill and was right out on the rocks. Yup you have learnt that casting a Lead out there is not the best of ideas although is possible in a few of the places when the tide is right, I was spinning and plugging with lures as it happens, I really love it down there as you can just fish light walking from pulpit rock all the way along towards the lighthouse and beyond. Thanks for the welcome, as for leaving UKV the answer to that is no. Using two sites opens up an opportunity for me to learn more about vaping, I have already picked up a Vanilla Custard recipe from here which I am wanting to start mixing when I get the bits I need, so joining here has payed me back already.

:welcome1:To the Planet @u8myufo, i had heart failure back in March which made me quit smoking after 47 years so it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom