What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

20700 batteries seem weak

So I’ve stripped it down (lots of times) it’s quite pernickety connecting etc again which is really annoying! I’ve got the power back yaaaay........ now I really do like this mod and am saving for a holiday hence not wanting to buy another just now considering what I’ve spent already..... any other suggestions on coils?? I prime them properly, usually if I can it’s before bed and then fill the tank and leave overnight before use! I’m going back to the s2 coils today!! I just don’t understand why they would sell a kit that is incompatible with each other...... the coils I thought would have been able to withstand the power otherwise what’s the point in selling it as a set! Please someone set me in the right direction.

A lot of vendors are just after your cash unfortunately, if only you had joined POTV before you went out and bought your Mod and Tank but Hindsight is a wonderful thing. There are plenty of people on here who are always ready to help advice wise plus there are sometimes giveaways so watch that section, i have been lucky a few times but don't really enter any now as most are for pods, they do have Mods and Tanks popping up every now and then so might be worth having a go.

Hi and welcome to the community. Can't offer any further help on this but hope you get sorted soon.

The good news is that your issues should be easily fixable.

Basically this mod works by available battery power, as the battery drains it delivers less power, the lower your battery voltage charge is then the less power it will deliver.

20700 batteries in the M270 are your main issue, I only use a Molicell 21700 4200mAh in mine as the battery life is better so they give more power for longer, I'm guessing the iJoy is around 3000mAh? which explains your 'weak battery' feeling as the power doesn't quite pack the punch for as long.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/molicel-p42a
I did try a 20700 in mine when I bought it and it just didn't perform long enough, fresh charge is great but it soon looses power.

Onto your coil life and performance, have you got the straight glass (2ml) or the 5ml bubble glass (as in the photo below).Ideally you need the bubble glass as the straight one constricts the juice and you soon run out of liquid which doesn't help with the coil life.

Coil choice will effect performance too, usually I prefer the Mesh option but the V2 S2 standard wire just performs better on this kit, both will draw the same power as they are both 0.15 Ohm but the mesh actually wants more than is delivered so the vape isn't as warm or flavourful.

In a nutshell the following should sort you out:
Buy a longer life Molicell 21700 30a 4200mAh
Buy a 5ml Bubble Glass (if you haven't got one already)
Use V2 S2 coils

The S2 coils last me over a month of moderate use and the 4200mAh battery lasts the best part of a day before the drop off in power is too weak.

View attachment 244703

View attachment 244704
Right hi me again, here’s what I’ve gathered from today. So I’ve noticed that when I change over battery I need to move the tank, be it screw it tighter or loosen it a little. Is this quite unisual? I mean I’ve never had to do it before so unsure what’s going on!
Just thought I’d keep everyone up to date on what’s happening now ;)

Right hi me again, here’s what I’ve gathered from today. So I’ve noticed that when I change over battery I need to move the tank, be it screw it tighter or loosen it a little. Is this quite unisual? I mean I’ve never had to do it before so unsure what’s going on!
Just thought I’d keep everyone up to date on what’s happening now ;)

I hate to be the one to say it ... but ditch the Smok and get something better and more suitable.

I hate to be the one to say it ... but ditch the Smok and get something better and more suitable.
I honestly would but I’ve spent must be around £120 on 3 different set up’s! Wish I’d listened to my hubby (but when do we ever ;)) and got a more expensive one, none of the ones I’ve had have been great tbh and I’m determined I’m not spending more money unless I really need to.

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/voopoo-drag-x-plus-100w-pod-mod?variant=37702571294875

U cant vape while charging, n dont fool with the software upgrade, but decent simple mod, very small

20210328_204501.jpg

Actually, there might be a slight overhang on that one, u need something that takes 30 mm diqmeter

Some of the aegis stuff will take 30mm attys, the lost vape grus and ursa are both good options, a little heavy, and more money
The dovpo odin min, or even a dual cell, or maybe even a triple cell like the dovpo riva, those r all more money, but u would probably appreciate it in the long run cuz itll help keep ya off the cigs

If u sourder from sourcemore u can get stuff cheap from china, to maybe help defer some of the cost of your initial investment, but if u do, check here first, cuz its usually not returnable

Vaping 101 uk is a popular one these guys use, there is also a vendors section as well as a coupon code secture here on the forum

Correction: the riva is a dual battery, not a triple

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom