What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

20700 batteries seem weak

Tina Mcpake

Initiate
Evening all, I’m new to the forum and in need of a little help! So I’ve been vaping for 8 weeks, I purchased the smok mag m270 and 2 20700 batteries around 3 weeks ago. Now issues I’m having are that the batteries seem weak, so as I change and put one on charge it’s on flashing light 2-3 but I just am not getting much power from it! Also the coils burn out quickly, I’ve tried both v2-s1 and s2. I prime them correctly but still they only last a day or 2! I’ve been using kuku juice and adding menthol nicotine shots!! Please if anyone has any advice I’d really appreciate it, really don’t want to go back to smoking but this is driving me mad!!

Welcome to the forum.

Which brand batteries are you using and where did you buy them?

Evening all, I’m new to the forum and in need of a little help! So I’ve been vaping for 8 weeks, I purchased the smok mag m270 and 2 20700 batteries around 3 weeks ago. Now issues I’m having are that the batteries seem weak, so as I change and put one on charge it’s on flashing light 2-3 but I just am not getting much power from it! Also the coils burn out quickly, I’ve tried both v2-s1 and s2. I prime them correctly but still they only last a day or 2! I’ve been using kuku juice and adding menthol nicotine shots!! Please if anyone has any advice I’d really appreciate it, really don’t want to go back to smoking but this is driving me mad!!
While Mitzy deals with the tech issues, I’m just going to say welcome and - most importantly - stick with it.

Unfortunately, doing the switch means there’s a massive learning curve. Smoking tabs doesn’t involve knowing anything about tobacco but there’s a vast amount to take on board about vaping. But, just like with passing a driving test, everyone manages it with some effort and desire.

You’ll get there. And, when you do, you’ll be delighted you have - there’s 60,000 of us on the forum who have already done it.

There’ll never be a stupid question that all of us haven’t asked at some point, so use and abuse us :)

Last edited:
Can't comment on the battery but please keep at it you will get there in the end

I’m using ijoy 20700 ones. I bought them from the shop I bought my mod from.

OK, just had a quick look and I'm guessing you're running the S1 coils at around 60w and above. Possibly as high as 80w. On a single battery, even a 20700, that's not going to give you a great deal of vaping time and once your battery has dropped to 2 thirds capacity it's just not going to be able to give you the same oomph. On a regulated mod the amp drain increases as the capacity drops. The S2 coils run at 45w and above so should give slightly better battery life.

Personally, if I was looking to vape anything above 50w with decent battery life I'd be looking at dual battery mods. Others will be along to offer their advice shortly and they may feel differently. I don't have this particular setup so my advice is general. I can't comment on the coils as I've never used them but someone who has will be along soon.

Congrats on quitting smoking. As others have said, stick with it. Just takes a bit of perseverance at the beginning in finding the right kit. It's worth the effort and then some.

Last edited:
I think the mod is essentially a mech mod which means it is not regulating the current and is drawing 24a which is around 90w on a 0.15ohm coil which is what the S1 says the resistance is.
Not sure the battery is upto the task as if its the latest ijoy 20700 mooch states its only good for 20a.
Mesh doesnt need as much power as regular coils so I'm guessing 90w is far to high which is why the coils are burning out.
I know @Vapaneezer Scrooge had or has this mod so might be able to explain how to get it performing properly.

OK, just had a quick look and I'm guessing you're running the S1 coils at around 60w and above. Possibly as high as 80w. On a single battery, even a 20700, that's not going to give you a great deal of vaping time and once your battery has dropped to 2 thirds capacity it's just not going to be able to give you the same oomph. On a regulated mod the amp drain increases as the capacity drops. The S2 coils run at 45w and above so should give slightly better battery life.

Personally, if I was looking to vape anything above 50w with decent battery life I'd be looking at dual battery mods. Others will be along to offer their advice shortly and they may feel differently. I don't have this particular setup so my advice is general. I can't comment on the coils as I've never used them but someone who has will be along soon.

Congrats on quitting smoking. As others have said, stick with it. Just takes a bit of perseverance at the beginning in finding the right kit. It's worth the effort and then some.
Thanks for the reply! Yes it may be that I’ll need to change mods, funnily enough it was fine running on s2 coils and I changed to s1 only last week after reading a review. I may try the s2 again and if it doesn’t help I’ll change mods. Hubby is using smok xpriv and is encouraging me to go down the same route!

thanks everyone.

I think the mod is essentially a mech mod which means it is not regulating the current and is drawing 24a which is around 90w on a 0.15ohm coil which is what the S1 says the resistance is.
Not sure the battery is upto the task as if its the latest ijoy 20700 mooch states its only good for 20a.
Mesh doesnt need as much power as regular coils so I'm guessing 90w is far to high which is why the coils are burning out.
I know @Vapaneezer Scrooge had or has this mod so might be able to explain how to get it performing properly.
I have no clue what any of that means sorry I’m sure it said this was a 70w mod! I’ve had nothing but trouble since I bought it, starting on the smaller batteries then upgrading, same with coils burning out. It’s driving me mad!!

thanks for the reply though x

Back
Top Bottom