What's new

How To Wick a griffin 22/25

The fact that this tank does have finicky leaking problems, coupled with the awkward wicking niggles, means it's a write off in my books. Mine is a 22mm.

I've tried everything with the wicking, and it's just too fussy. The wicking wells / juice holes are a bad design in my books and I don't have time for this tank. And it dry hits too often.

I bought a Kayfun 5 clone (by SXK) off the back of some POTV forum members recommendations, and it's just amazing. 1-1 clone of a £100-ish tank (yes that's too steep for any tank) for around £30 (or half that if you are prepared to wait for FastTech delivery). It's only single coil but that's all it needs - it's just a cut above. Everything from the way the juice and airflow works, to the build quality, the flavour... You name it it's got it. Hasn't leaked or flooded once and an absolute pleasure to build / wick.

The Griffin 22 is appalling in comparison... Can you tell I like the Kayfun? :D
You usin it for MTL mate, how isit

You usin it for MTL mate, how isit

It's a DTL tank but you can get an MTL kit (not tried it) which fits the SXK clone. Although it uses a 510 drip tip and if you put the airflow on 1 (there's 4 positions) it does MTL to an extent...

That said I prefer a "restricted" DTL so have the airflow on 2 usually. Not into big airy draws and the flavour is better like that.

Sorry to derail the Griffin thread, I'll leave it there! :D

I bought the griffin 22 used it a handful of times then put it away for months but got it back out last night and am giving it a blast today, I also leave the juice ring on

Back
Top Bottom