What's new

How To Wick a griffin 22/25

Nice guide @keithw, I love my griffin 25 and have had very few problems wicking the same way as your method. Couple of tips that i've found out whilst using mine is if you are getting dry hits is to stick a bit of wire down the side of the juice holes next to the posts, and to turn the tank upside down when you open the juice flow after filling, for some reason mine will leak a little under the juice flow control ring if I open it the right way up.

The flavour is soooo good,I can allmost live with it

Attachments

• 20161006_134642.jpg
    20161006_134642.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 133
There must be a straggler there somewhere mate ;)

Stick with it ;)

Have another look at your juice well entry point too :)

@keithw
:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::clapping:
Thanks for the guide.you have resurrected 2 tanks that i loved the look of but could never get right.Now both of them are vaping like champs and taking whatever wattage is thrown at them with zero dry hits.I did use @bananas tip using the wire to help with this:57:...oh and zero leaks:goodjob:
20161008_222106.jpg

Less is more with the griffin 22/25 Imo,

Cheers @keithw! This struck a cord with me, my first dozen or so Griffin builds were spot on but after my last couple weren't wicking great & were weeping, I'd retired two of them & was about to retire the third.

After reading your post, I thought I'd give it another & used significantly less wick. I always expect leaks when I use less wick so my tendency is to over-wick which of course leads to wicking issues. I figure with too much wick it saturates & drips down the airflow channel :hmm:

I used enough to lightly sit in the juice channels & 24 hours on it's still superb, I even left it over night with the JLC wide open with zero seepage

The Griffins really are superb tanks, so versatile but like most tanks, too little wick & it'll leak, too much & it'll dry hit

The fact that this tank does have finicky leaking problems, coupled with the awkward wicking niggles, means it's a write off in my books. Mine is a 22mm.

I've tried everything with the wicking, and it's just too fussy. The wicking wells / juice holes are a bad design in my books and I don't have time for this tank. And it dry hits too often.

I bought a Kayfun 5 clone (by SXK) off the back of some POTV forum members recommendations, and it's just amazing. 1-1 clone of a £100-ish tank (yes that's too steep for any tank) for around £30 (or half that if you are prepared to wait for FastTech delivery). It's only single coil but that's all it needs - it's just a cut above. Everything from the way the juice and airflow works, to the build quality, the flavour... You name it it's got it. Hasn't leaked or flooded once and an absolute pleasure to build / wick.

The Griffin 22 is appalling in comparison... Can you tell I like the Kayfun? :D

Back
Top Bottom