What's new

How To Wick a griffin 22/25

Only when it's not being used or dry hits will be your new best friend ;)

I spent a good hour on this tank the other evening. First off anything over 40 watts and it was dry hit if you took a toot less than 3 or 4 seconds from the last one.adjusted the cotton slightly and was much better..no dry hits at 90watts...left it for 5 mins to make sure there were no leaks etc.Kept my eye on it and nothing,no air bubbles stirring etc,I thought woohoooo,yes excellent....3mins later it pissed itself all over the mod,my jeans and the floor....christ allmighty,Im sure this tank was invented to drive me insane.

I've not had any problems with leaking, but wicking is absolutely crucial. You need to use the cotton as a dam, and make sure none comes up through the wells. You also need to keep the coil and wick as far away from the airflow as you possibly can.

The tank is really unforgiving as far as flooding/leaking/dry hits go, but when you get it right it's bloody marvellous.

Also don't fall into the trap of stuffing cotton into the juice wells. You want it just tucked into the retainer ring.

Also don't fall into the trap of stuffing cotton into the juice wells. You want it just tucked into the retainer ring.

I have tried it several ways and still no joy apart from once.Im not going to give up on it as I have tasted the potential of it.There are so many versions of wicking that this statement is completely different on how to wick it on the original post.I had one successful build with this tank using the scotch roll method and it was great allthough I foolishly put some jaclemom from t juice in there and that destroyed that wick flavour wise.the next scotch roll didnt work out and both tanks were given early retirement

I have tried it several ways and still no joy apart from once.Im not going to give up on it as I have tasted the potential of it.There are so many versions of wicking that this statement is completely different on how to wick it on the original post.I had one successful build with this tank using the scotch roll method and it was great allthough I foolishly put some jaclemom from t juice in there and that destroyed that wick flavour wise.the next scotch roll didnt work out and both tanks were given early retirement
What I was getting at, is that you might think you need to see the wick when you look at the juice control holes. This isn't the case, a few whispy trails is ok, but you don't want to stuff it full.

Just keep the airflow completely clear, don't use too much cotton and you'll get the hang of it. It's definitely a steep learning curve though.

Yeah, I agree,

Just whispy bits,

Don't stuff it in...lol

You are sure that all your seals and o rings are spot on haven't you because even when I fail badly that never happens...

Just a thought.

@bidley

Of course not!

That's now how this forum operates!

All comments and help is very much welcomed :)

We all learn everyday!

It's how we take that on board that counts ;)

Back
Top Bottom