What's new

Whats Appealing About an e-Liquid?

Dean Dallman

I'm new to vaping, never smoked before either, but there's something really appealing about it. I was wondering;
When looking for an e-Liquid, what do you look for?
Design - What about the packaging? Safety? Colour?
The Name - Certain Brands? New Brands? Funky Names?
The Flavour - What you like to taste? New? Classic Flavours?
I mean I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons, these are just suggestions!

Attachments

• wild-vibez-317184.jpg
    wild-vibez-317184.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
I'm new to vaping, never smoked before either, but there's something really appealing about it. I was wondering;
When looking for an e-Liquid, what do you look for?
Design - What about the packaging? Safety? Colour?
The Name - Certain Brands? New Brands? Funky Names?
The Flavour - What you like to taste? New? Classic Flavours?
I mean I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons, these are just suggestions!
The Flavour

The flavour is all, ultimately .. its all that matters - I do not buy by branding or funky packaging

not that I buy much anyway - but if I did ....

It depends entirely on the person, ultimately as @ZT says it should be the flavour and yet there are hordes of buyers who are ignore the flavour largely to look for low price. Some like to be 'on top' of whatever the latest craze juice comes up as it feels exclusive or cool.

Packaging or branding grabs the attention but what type of packing grabs attention is really as personal a thing as what flavours people like too.

Again, the flavour.
Initially it was to get away from a heavy cigarette smoking habit and to try and ditch that but as time has gone on it's about exploring my palate, almost like you do with food.

Value for money used to be a factor if I'm honest, but for the most part it was very much a case of you got what you'd paid for. I've vaped some horrendous cheap juices and some crappy more pricey ones too, but there were less instances of that with the more established brands.
Packaging, although novel and nice to look at, has never mattered to me personally but I can see why it may to some. I think brand identity is probably important though so it's most likely more of a factor than I give it credit for.

For the last few months I've been using one shots exclusively. This avenue totally ditches the packaging argument as they all end up in a bottle with a hand written white label. So it then comes back to the flavour.

As a rule of thumb if I like to eat it I'll usually like to vape it. But things like blueberries and raspberries which i positively detest eating I enjoy vaping so go figure.

Buy in as small a quantity as possible initially, find a friend who uses a juice you'd like to try and have a go of theirs...... whatever works.
But ultimately it'll be the ones that you enjoy the taste of above anything else that you'll keep going back to, almost discounting where they came from and what they look like.

The good news is you have thousands of options. The choice is huge. And that's the fun part. [emoji4]

The Flavour

it should be the flavou

Again, the flavour.

Think you got your answer there from 2 vendors and a seasoned vaper... I quite agree.
ITS ALL ABOUT THE FLAVOUR... Certain juice manufacturers have a "Passion" and it reflects in their products. I quite often try new juices but always go back to my roots..To me juice is similar to wine, I dont mind paying a bit more for quality which satisfies and excites me rather than feeling like I am licking the carpet in the tap room....

They have new 60ml LDPE unicorns. Just like 30ml. I do not like the stiff 60ml with flat cap. Need a damn wedge to get off.

Packaging is neither here nor there. Now and then you'll see something with some nice artwork. The safety stuff is just nanny state requirements.

Brand matters (to me anyway). It gives you some level of assurance that you'll get what they say you'll get and it's easy to avoid in future if you don't. There's so much juice out there that new and 'new to you' are virtually the same thing, so I'm not convinced being on trend is worth the effort as you'll probably miss something very good.

Flavour...

I'm not even sure it's flavour that matters. Dare I say it's.....the journey, of which flavour is just one aspect. You see something you like the look of and think 'That sounds awesome'. Then you wait (hopefully not too long, but long enough). Then you do a bit of ritual wizadry (breathe it, steep it, chant with friends under a harvest moon and so on). Each has his or her way and it does not do to speak of it widely. With that done you reinvent science to extract the very essence at the touch of a button.

Finally, only after all these steps are completed in their proper sequence and at the proper time, you get a lungful of it.

At that point either it casts a spell on you and all is right with the world or you curse the entire industry and technology itself for failing to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom