What's new

Vsticking VK530 skin removal??

andrewmandrew72

Postman
Hi Apes,

Just got myself this mod through Gumtree. The mod itself works perfectly but the design on it is just daft. I was wondering if any of you fellow apes have ever attempted to remove the skin on one of these and what it looks like underneath. I'm assuming it'll be plain silver which I would be more than happy with. I'm tempted to try it but don't want to make an arse of it incase it's really rough underneath. I would buy a replacement skin for it but can't find any on the interweb. Any suggestions??
IMG20211201165222.jpg
IMG20211201165217.jpg

Tried a wrap on the White Diety version which is equally daft but couldn't live with the seam it left on the back and just put up with it. Contemplated a plastic dye but never bothered in the end.

It looks like the skin would come off easy enough but there's probably gonna be loads of glue and stuff under it??

I'd suspect it'll also be rough as chuff under there. But hey, there's only one way to find out ;)

If it is a Zapwrapz skin I believe they say to remove it with a hair drier which is the same way they go on, got to be worth a go :2thumbsup:

If you peel it off and it leaves glue behind then nail varnish remover dabbed on a cloth or tissue paper will lift the glue residue off.

I might give that a go. I'll need a few days b4 I pluck up the courage. If I do it I'll stick some pics on here. You never know. Could be a new trend [emoji1783][emoji1783]

Back
Top Bottom