What's new

Vaporiser Cleaning

Trusty

Initiate
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to vaping, in fact I've not even started yet - I plan on starting today, my birthday! :D

Ive been scouring over the net the last few days trying to find a good source for cleaning information but couldn't find anything all that clear. My main concern is new equipment - residual machining oils, etc (maybe a bit OCD but better to be safe than sorry).

In order to ensure the tank etc is completely clean I was thinking a process along the lines of;

1. steep in boiling hot water
2. add fairy and scrub
3. rinse
4. steep in ISO
5. rinse with HW
6. steep and rinse with distilled water

How does this sound?

Thanks for any input!

I can honestly say I have never done any of that.

Unpack, quick check for defects, fill & vape.

Really? You think its overkill?

I've had things in the past, which you would expect to be clean, shed a lot of excess oils etc from production. Id hate to think I was vaping it.

I'm not too clued up on chemistry or cleaning things to food standards so just a bit wary suppose.

Really? You think its overkill?

I've had things in the past, which you would expect to be clean, shed a lot of excess oils etc from production. Id hate to think I was vaping it.

I'm not too clued up on chemistry or cleaning things to food standards so just a bit wary suppose.
Its over kill alright [emoji23] just rinse your tank out with hot water dry and fill [emoji4]

I always laugh as most new vapers try to make sure everything is clean and sterile or look for things in juice to stay away from yet when they was smokers if they dropped there last CIG in dog shit they would pick it out and smoke it [emoji23]

The first 3 steps should be more than enough to get rid of any machine residue :)

me same as Geoff above. never done any of that in over 2 years and never had any strange taste, oil residue etc in all 28 tanks ive used.

Its over kill alright [emoji23] just rinse your tank out with hot water dry and fill [emoji4]

I always laugh as most new vapers try to make sure everything is clean and sterile or look for things in juice to stay away from yet when they was smokers if they dropped there last CIG in dog shit they would pick it out and smoke it [emoji23]

LMAO I was thinking the same thing - no offence meant to new cautious vapers, it's always sensible to be hygienic :) but the 'I used to smoke and I was filling my lungs with carbon monoxide and a shitload of other nasty stuff...but I'd hate to vape a speck of dust offa my vape kit...' attitude cracks me up every time.

Don't get me wrong I was a bit 'precious' when I started vaping too...however you vape and no matter how often you clean your tank (or not) you're still doing yourself a BIG favour by not smoking :D

For what it's worth, with new tanks I take a glass and 1/3 fill it with isopropyl alcohol, then top it up with water. Take the tank apart and drop the pieces in the glass and leave it all to steep for 5-10 minutes. Then I PUT THE PLUG IN the sink, take the parts out of the glass one by one and hold them under running cold water to rinse them off, then shake off the water and leave them to dry on a paper towel.

Back
Top Bottom