What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Twisted Coil Tutorial

Took a few goes to wick it right for no leaks. When cottons through the coils. Fluff it and even it out. Trim above and to the side of the coil and dont stuff cotton to bottom of wicking holes probably just so cotton can be seen through them.
Only time i find that it leaks is if its bouncing around in pocket or bag. Then ive noticed that cotton has loosened out of wicking holes.
Also have you checked all seals? Close the airflow and see how much of tight draw you get. I get a very very tiny amount of airflow but nothing you could vape with.
Also its not the builds its the wicking. Hope this helps.
I love my crius.

Honestly, i love it too. I tried Griffin 22 and Crius IMO with similar coils vapes much better. But those leaks (small remark: it leaks from airflow, RTA came a bit loose but some sticks and threads gave it a new life) However, i get a lot of juice from bottom airholes. And i look every goddam time when rewicking not to put wick inside. I guess, it`s just not my type ;-) Good luck with your Crius, it`s cool you found the right thing for you!

I`ll definitely try your way and if i not forget i`ll give some info about how it will go.

Now i already have a Triton for future winter - semi-MTL tank without RBA but no leaks at all and really tasty vape.

Hey guys,

I recently started a YouTube channel and did a video last night on how to build twisted coils, so I was just wondering if anyone would be able to check it out and tell me what you thought of it and what you think I could improve on.
Plus, if anyone wants to know how to actually make twisted coils, have a watch ;D

Thanks all,
Bellybutun

Like it Bellybutton, The drill is a nifty accessory! Much appreciated. I am a coil novice. I have started wicking using an RTA in an Aspire 120 Tank. I would like to start also building my own coils. Could you please recommend what Gauge Kanthol wire to use. Also what Ohms would be best and how this is calculated in laymen terms for a novice. Many Thanks. Nic.

Hey guys,

I recently started a YouTube channel and did a video last night on how to build twisted coils, so I was just wondering if anyone would be able to check it out and tell me what you thought of it and what you think I could improve on.
Plus, if anyone wants to know how to actually make twisted coils, have a watch ;D

Thanks all,
Bellybutun

Still trying to find my way around this thread thing. Thanks for the tutorial. The drill is a nifty accessory! I have started wicking an RTA in an Aspire Cleito 120 Tank as I was finding the pre installed coils tasting awful, and for me not lasting very long. I find the RTA gives much better flavor. Though I was getting a lot of leaking to start with my wicking I think is improving. I would like to now start building my own coils also. I guess I should be able to find a tutorial somewhere on which gauge Kanthol wire to use. And what the best Ohms for the tank I am using and how this is achieved? I think you explained that as in number of wraps?? Thanks for the Vid. Much appreciated. Nic.

I bought a 250' spool of 34 SS and 34 Kanthal to make claptons. I enjoyed making claptons and was using 32 wrap so I have a bit of a stockpile of 28/32 claptons. I'm not really going to use them since I now clapton with the 34 gauge. Just for kicks I went ahead a twisted 2 of the 28/32 claptons then into a Merlin, 5 wraps spaced, 3mm ID rayon, .7ohm. OMG twisted clapton is a mighty fine vape. I didn't twist them till the wire broke but close. I now have a use for the 28/32 claptons that are just going to dust up. I also have some 26/32 and 24/32 going to twist up after I cook this build first.

Still trying to find my way around this thread thing. Thanks for the tutorial. The drill is a nifty accessory! I have started wicking an RTA in an Aspire Cleito 120 Tank as I was finding the pre installed coils tasting awful, and for me not lasting very long. I find the RTA gives much better flavor. Though I was getting a lot of leaking to start with my wicking I think is improving. I would like to now start building my own coils also. I guess I should be able to find a tutorial somewhere on which gauge Kanthol wire to use. And what the best Ohms for the tank I am using and how this is achieved? I think you explained that as in number of wraps?? Thanks for the Vid. Much appreciated. Nic.

You'll find your nitch...Wicking is the key to a good vape and how much wick to use. Just remember cotton and rayon are 2 different animals when it comes to wicking a coil, they are opposite density in a coil.
I'd start with 28gauge kanthal but if your buying wire to start rebuilding I get some 26, 28, 30 and 34 gauge cause sooner or later you will dwell into more intricate building like making claptons and 34 is nice clapton wrap. Claptons aren't hard to make, they are just intimidating to watch being made and once vaped you'll reconsider the single wire builds and stick with claptons.

Work in progress. Will post pictures later of how mine turn out. Thanks for the video.

Thanks for the vid Ryan.
I've been off the scene for a while but have recently decided I want to get into building. Having done a fair bit of research I returned to the forums for some ideas and came across your video.
Here is my first attempt (using 26G+0.2*0.8 Tiger Wire by Demon Killer), I think these look pretty cool, am wondering what others think?
IMG_20170706_231658.jpg

I didn't however have a drill to hand so, thinking on my feet, hand twisted this using a key ring and hand wrapped using a 2mm tool

the last twisted s/s i did i used a small pair of mole grips to grip the 2 loose ends then put a small screwdriver through the loop end then twisted until i had a nice tight twist. I think i used about 4 feet of 26 gauge s/s wire

Back
Top Bottom