What's new

Tips for new vapers

Hello and welcome! Might be worth posting a hello in the new members thread.
Conversely if you are trying to quit the cigs to start vaping I'd start high and then go lower if you need to. If you got in with 20mg salts but the flavour was rank then I'd stick with 20mg for now and just order some better flavours. If you give us an idea of what flavours you might like then we might be able to even give you some recommendations! My personal favourite nic salt at 20mg is lemon tart by Dinner Lady.

Thanks very much, I'll try some other flavours.

Davhill

Hello,

I've been trying to vape more for about three years but I think I've just solved the mystery.
Trying all sorts of devices, from a Gamucci onwards, I've found that vaping makes me cough.
Today, tried, for the first time, a bottle of Vape88 NIC HIT tobacco 50/50 Nic Salt liquid.

This is 2.0% or 20mg/ml strength and it isn't making me bark like a seal. The snag is, it tastes
bloody awful, a bit like burnt hazelnuts steeped in old grass juice.

So, before I order some tastier juice, I'm after advice on what strength to buy.
I smoke 20 Carlton Bright Superkings per day and during my tests, these weren't
cutting it...

Menthol Heets in my IQOS machine.
6mg non nic salt liquids.
10mg ditto.

I'm wondering whether to start weak and go up or just take pot luck.

Any advice will be gratedully welcomed. Thanks.

You will find Nic Salts are the best alternative to smoking when quitting then slowly move down in strength. The coughing could be an intolerance to PG so maybe try higher VG but Salts will be your best bet also you have to prime your coils and start at a lower wattage then build up slowly to your required wattage. The Coils will always have a required wattage though you don't have to stick with that i would usually stay below the recommended.

Thank you ForestMagpie,

I've ordered three new flavours in 10g salt. I think I've had the wattage
too high (at 15w) so I'm trying now at 11W. This is for the 20mg tobacco
flavour. This is why I ordered 10mg, I reckon if theis strength doesn't
satisfy the nic requirement, I can up the wattage for more clouds.

If you aren't sure which vaping style you want to choose, opt for a kit that comes with mouth to lung and direct to lung coils (or has a wide range of coil options). That way you don't have to buy a whole new kit. Saves you £££.

my tip is to label your coils so you know what mod they are for. I've found that I have coils and I don't know what mod there for.

My piece of advice is that you can never have too many mods, RDAs, or tanks, and you can never have too many flavours of eliquid.
We second this. Different devices perform differently.

Also, don't be afraid to try different e-liquid flavours. You'd be surprised what you might end up liking.

Hello to everyone... I'm Nenad from the Serbia and I need help with my new hobby - BORO RBA DIY setup & wicking & refilling BORO TANK's and I need any help frpm someone who is a bit longer than me in this BORO hole...
But to start from beginning, not from the end, like some movie's directors doing.
I'm quit with smoking last year (August 2022nd) by the help of Vaporesso LUXE PM40 POD, after that I've bought a several Vaporesso, VOOPOO, SMOK, Innokin POD MOD's, and after that I'm go on next level - or to be precisely - on RTA MTL atomizer's (BISHOP, Berserker B3, RIPLEY, GALAXIES, VAPEFLY ALBERICH, AROMAMIZER CLASSIC MTL, DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V4 etc.) and I was learning and buying vaping stuff, vaping tool and vaping accessories from a local vaping store in my country which they vaping very popular, but people doesn't have a lot of money to buy a goid stuff and people here thinking like this: It's better for me to have 3-4 different regular MOD's and 3-4 RTA/RDTA/RDA ATY's then to bought one quality MOD and one quality ATY which is meter of personal choice. But to short long story, all vaping stuff that I was bought was from China, but some of them was pretty good quality, I must admit that.
My first original product was been DIPLOMAT MTL RTA atomizer which is amazing ATY and which I'm still use... After that I buy my first BORO AIO device - STUBBY AIO MOD with a lot of SUICIDE MODS accessories, RBA BRIDGE'S KIT's, BORO TANK's, integrated drip tip's etc... And after that I buy another STUBBY in different color than I bought BOXER BORO MOD with Boxer Classic Boro Accent Package from GINGER INDUSTRIES and after that, at least, I bought KEYCHAIN THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE, which is amazing, but Im new in this BORO hole (also I'm just order and waiting for delivery STUBBY 21 LIMITED EDITION BOGAN PINK MOD with ENGRAVING, LEATHER SLEEVE with ENGRAVING for that MOD and a lot of accessories for BORO's and ENGRAVING CTHULHU MOD) and since I was replace original STUBBY RDTA TANK (which is awesome even for MTL, with MTL KIT) I have a common problem, since I'm begin to use RBA BRIDGE with BORO TANK's, at beginning everything work's fine a couple days, but after I vape almost all liquid from my BORO TANK's (LIMELIGHT, PRC, MISSION XV etc.) -I have issues only when I refill TANK with the same liquid. I suppose that I'm wrong with wicking but maybe I'm wrong with something else when I refilling BORO TANK's, because I had issues with the leaking through the smallest air flow pin at the bottom of the BORO BRIDGE (MTL air flow pin) - but only when I refill the TANK and sometimes when I finish setup and put the liquid into the BORO TANK's, I had issues with leaking all liquid from the TANK out through that tiny air flow pin...
What I'm doing wrong with wicking on THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE?! As I said, I prefer MTL style of vaping and my current setup is:
  • 1. STUBBY AIO MOD with BORO ADAPTER V1
  • 2. LIMELIGHT BORO TANK SS
  • 3. KEYCHAIN THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE
  • 4. MTL FUSED KLEPTON Ka1 0.8mm by Scott Coils pn 2.5mm diameter
  • 5. Geekvape MUJI PAD cotton
Please, any advice will ne appreciate because last night I threw up almost 30ml of very good NET liquid, which I make (50-50 PG-VG 13-15mg) and I re-wick three time's after all liquids are flooding on the front big hole at STUBBY device...
Now is working fine, but I think that also this setup isn't a very good and that I have lucky with this setup to not leaks at all...
This is my current setup:
16813450009013342661714073575721.jpg

Hello to everyone... I'm Nenad from the Serbia and I need help with my new hobby - BORO RBA DIY setup & wicking & refilling BORO TANK's and I need any help frpm someone who is a bit longer than me in this BORO hole...
But to start from beginning, not from the end, like some movie's directors doing.
I'm quit with smoking last year (August 2022nd) by the help of Vaporesso LUXE PM40 POD, after that I've bought a several Vaporesso, VOOPOO, SMOK, Innokin POD MOD's, and after that I'm go on next level - or to be precisely - on RTA MTL atomizer's (BISHOP, Berserker B3, RIPLEY, GALAXIES, VAPEFLY ALBERICH, AROMAMIZER CLASSIC MTL, DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V4 etc.) and I was learning and buying vaping stuff, vaping tool and vaping accessories from a local vaping store in my country which they vaping very popular, but people doesn't have a lot of money to buy a goid stuff and people here thinking like this: It's better for me to have 3-4 different regular MOD's and 3-4 RTA/RDTA/RDA ATY's then to bought one quality MOD and one quality ATY which is meter of personal choice. But to short long story, all vaping stuff that I was bought was from China, but some of them was pretty good quality, I must admit that.
My first original product was been DIPLOMAT MTL RTA atomizer which is amazing ATY and which I'm still use... After that I buy my first BORO AIO device - STUBBY AIO MOD with a lot of SUICIDE MODS accessories, RBA BRIDGE'S KIT's, BORO TANK's, integrated drip tip's etc... And after that I buy another STUBBY in different color than I bought BOXER BORO MOD with Boxer Classic Boro Accent Package from GINGER INDUSTRIES and after that, at least, I bought KEYCHAIN THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE, which is amazing, but Im new in this BORO hole (also I'm just order and waiting for delivery STUBBY 21 LIMITED EDITION BOGAN PINK MOD with ENGRAVING, LEATHER SLEEVE with ENGRAVING for that MOD and a lot of accessories for BORO's and ENGRAVING CTHULHU MOD) and since I was replace original STUBBY RDTA TANK (which is awesome even for MTL, with MTL KIT) I have a common problem, since I'm begin to use RBA BRIDGE with BORO TANK's, at beginning everything work's fine a couple days, but after I vape almost all liquid from my BORO TANK's (LIMELIGHT, PRC, MISSION XV etc.) -I have issues only when I refill TANK with the same liquid. I suppose that I'm wrong with wicking but maybe I'm wrong with something else when I refilling BORO TANK's, because I had issues with the leaking through the smallest air flow pin at the bottom of the BORO BRIDGE (MTL air flow pin) - but only when I refill the TANK and sometimes when I finish setup and put the liquid into the BORO TANK's, I had issues with leaking all liquid from the TANK out through that tiny air flow pin...
What I'm doing wrong with wicking on THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE?! As I said, I prefer MTL style of vaping and my current setup is:
  • 1. STUBBY AIO MOD with BORO ADAPTER V1
  • 2. LIMELIGHT BORO TANK SS
  • 3. KEYCHAIN THE LAST ONE RBA BRIDGE
  • 4. MTL FUSED KLEPTON Ka1 0.8mm by Scott Coils pn 2.5mm diameter
  • 5. Geekvape MUJI PAD cotton
Please, any advice will ne appreciate because last night I threw up almost 30ml of very good NET liquid, which I make (50-50 PG-VG 13-15mg) and I re-wick three time's after all liquids are flooding on the front big hole at STUBBY device...
Now is working fine, but I think that also this setup isn't a very good and that I have lucky with this setup to not leaks at all...
This is my current setup:
View attachment 316130

Hi Nenad, welcome to POTV!

If you are getting leaks from all of your boros and bridge set ups rather than just one in particular it’s almost certainly a wicking issue. If you could post a photo of one of your sets up when it’s wicked we can advise further.

ALL boros are leaky due to a) condensation build up (one way to minimise this is to keep inhaling for a moment once you release the fire button to remove surplus liquid), b) if you don’t rewick regularly enough or haven’t used enough cotton in the first place and c) Because they are fiddly buggers.

Back
Top Bottom