What's new

Tank Cleaning

That happend to me too with my Ijoy rdta squonk the paint peeled off but i think that could of been my fault as i laid the collar part on its side and not up right in the plastic tray its never happened to me before with my other rda,s ........

Never cleaned a tank, and some have had liquid in them continuously for 4 years.

Apart from tanks I've moved on.

That happend to me too with my Ijoy rdta squonk the paint peeled off but i think that could of been my fault as i laid the collar part on its side and not up right in the plastic tray its never happened to me before with my other rda,s ........

I always make sure everything that can stand, is standing lol. Didn't help :(

Never cleaned a tank, and some have had liquid in them continuously for 4 years.

Apart from tanks I've moved on.

Sounds good... will do that :D

I always make sure everything that can stand, is standing lol. Didn't help :(

Sounds good... will do that :D
i do normally stand everything up but this time i did not for some reason must have been in a rush that will teach me:17:...........

Oh yeah, be careful with anything painted, I had a couple of Avocado clones have some of their paint removed in an ultrasonic. I just wash anything like that with a sponge nowadays

My routine, with a new tank is a full take apart then 4 cycles in the ultrasonic with a good dash of Fairy Liquid, after that I'll give them a cool rinse in a bowl incase anything's comes loose & they want to fly down the plughole

When the tank gets a bit mingy, I just strip it down & run it all under warm water & give it a scrub with a toothbrush & bit of Fairy Liquid then rinse off & it's good to go

I vape the Kanger STM and I take the RBA down to bits with every rewicking, removing the coil then replace after. I was getting a burnt taste and determined it was dryburn cooties going down the airflow tube that regular water rinsing didn't remove. I stuff a alcohol soaked paper towel and pull up lots of yuk. Finding old skanky juice under the insulators also. If I can spin the glass it means oring removal and cleaning cause the vacuum has been compromised with juice behind the rings.
Nothing crappier than taking that first rewicked vape to have a burnt taste spoiling the moment.

But I always stand them up and it still happens!
It's happened to me too - I don't tend to buy painted tanks, but the ultrasonic has stripped painted logos off several of my tanks. Anything with a layer of something over the metal is possibly at risk (same as for treated specs lenses) - I won't put enamelled jewellery in there either.

I just use warm water with washing up liquid then rinse off and leave on the side to dry . Looks nice and clean ready for useage again

Back
Top Bottom