What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tank Cleaning

Yep, the sonic cleaner will take the paint off. Not all at once, but bits here and there, and once it's started it happens more quickly on subsequent cleans. :)
Do you think that is the result of the vibrations or the tank bumping on the metal pan?
Perhaps a rubber mat under the tank would prevent this.

Do you think that is the result of the vibrations or the tank bumping on the metal pan?
Perhaps a rubber mat under the tank would prevent this.
I never have anything loose on the metal. Always use the plastic basket it came with :)

I allways put my tanks in the ultrasonic cleaner and give them 2 or 3 cycles with a quick rinse with warm water and left to dry not had any paint come off any yet.

I allways put my tanks in the ultrasonic cleaner and give them 2 or 3 cycles with a quick rinse with warm water and left to dry not had any paint come off any yet.
Huh? Mine and my son's tanks left paint in the cleaner :(

1, Strip it down.
2, Rinse under hot tap.
3, Leave to dry.
4, Put back together.

Job's a good 'un.

My black JAC S22 tank paint peeled in the ultra sonic. It’s been a slow process. I can’t complain too much as it was free. Most of my other tanks are stainless.

Yep, the sonic cleaner will take the paint off. Not all at once, but bits here and there, and once it's started it happens more quickly on subsequent cleans. :)

Sonic cleaners will definitely strip paint , mine took the paint off my black subtank and off the frames of my glasses.
Model makers use them to loosen paint on figures before repainting.

Also don't clean your glasses in one if you have any treatments on the lenses , like anti UV or anti reflection a sonic cleaner will strip them straight off

My black JAC S22 tank paint peeled in the ultra sonic. It’s been a slow process. I can’t complain too much as it was free. Most of my other tanks are stainless.
Yea it was my black S22 tank and a couple of iSub G tanks that peeled. :(

Back
Top Bottom