What's new

How To Taifun GT cotton wick for different VG/PG and big clouds!

I've taken out the air tube and the insulator and recoiled and wicked with cotton wool (1.5 ohms) and for some reason theres LESS vapour than before, now i have'nt drilled out the airhole as got to get metal drll bit, but surely with the airtube and insulator out i would STILL notice some improvement?????

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Probably not. The air hole can only allow the same amount of air in prior to you removing the air tube and insulator.

I've taken out the air tube and the insulator and recoiled and wicked with cotton wool (1.5 ohms) and for some reason theres LESS vapour than before, now i have'nt drilled out the airhole as got to get metal drll bit, but surely with the airtube and insulator out i would STILL notice some improvement?????

These atties simply aren't made to be cloud machines. They simply don't wick fast enough. If you're after clouds, you'd be better off with a genesis Atty. What they are good for is flavour but you're not going to get big clouds.

These atties simply aren't made to be cloud machines. They simply don't wick fast enough. If you're after clouds, you'd be better off with a genesis Atty. What they are good for is flavour but you're not going to get big clouds.

Agree with this. Although I do think a Russian/Kayfun can chuck out the vapour. Obviously not like a dripper would but a lot better than most.

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Right have put the insulator and airtube back in (thank fuck i did'nt throw them) and recoiled and wicked it with .32 kenthal and 2.5 voodoowool with 8/9 wraps (i think) coming in at 1.5 ohms and vaping at 13.1W with DIY GVC ... Loads of vapour now

Thanks dude, jimmy1mc, I think I will drill out the one I have. I will comment after.

?

So I decided to be brave and bore out my Taifun's air holes, some crazy vapour from this RTA now! :)

After enlarging the air hole and pulling out everything, did u notice any flavor loss,I did your method of folding wick ends,works like a champ

Going to read all this in a bit, now I have one im thinking cotton and .25

With hopefully no leaks

Sent from my U20i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thanks for this, drilled the airhole to 3mm then did cotton like this. No leaks and a very nice vape

Bob

Thanks for this, drilled the airhole to 3mm then did cotton like this. No leaks and a very nice vape

Bob

Sweet I'll start with pulling out the air tub and sleeve and if that doesn't help any, all I need is just a little more flow,I will drill out air hole

The base appears to be aluminium. Dont press too hard or there will be tears before bedtime as my mum used to say.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom