What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Vaping

The thing I find a little frustrating about explanations like this is that it implies that subohmers only need the increased airflow because of the excess heat from a subohm build. In truth it's putting the cart before the horse - a subohm build is necessary because of the larger airflow. The vape would be too cool without generating more heat in the atty's chamber.
Subohming is a consequence of increased airflow, the higher airflow is not the consequence of a subohm build.

Vapers who want more vapour do so not just because they want more clouds but because they experience flavour in a different way to vapers who want to replicate or substitute their smoking ... much more on the exhale rather than the inhale.

The bottom line here is that vapers could care less about resistance ... the numbers are meaningless. It's much more intuitive to think about it in terms of heat and airflow rather than ohms and watts, isn't it?

The thing I find a little frustrating about explanations like this is that it implies that subohmers only need the increased airflow because of the excess heat from a subohm build. In truth it's putting the cart before the horse - a subohm build is necessary because of the larger airflow. The vape would be too cool without generating more heat in the atty's chamber.
Subohming is a consequence of increased airflow, the higher airflow is not the consequence of a subohm build.

Vapers who want more vapour do so not just because they want more clouds but because they experience flavour in a different way to vapers who want to replicate or substitute their smoking ... much more on the exhale rather than the inhale.

The bottom line here is that vapers could care less about resistance ... the numbers are meaningless. It's much more intuitive to think about it in terms of heat and airflow rather than ohms and watts, isn't it?

Knowledge is gained through experience, trial and error. You are experienced and talking from a point of view where you know the answers. Posting guides for beginners is for information, to help guide, as long as what is read is of use and assists those who are less experienced then I don't think you should dismiss it as insignificant. People will find their own way, and more easily if they have information rather than having nothing.

I don't see what the fuss is about, I've recently started moving away from sub ohm as I can get way better flavour and still very good vapour as well as more battery and longer lasting liquid at higher resistances.

Yeah when it first came out I was drawn in by huge clouds but that's not a priority lol it's almost cringe worthy.

Knowledge is gained through experience, trial and error. You are experienced and talking from a point of view where you know the answers. Posting guides for beginners is for information, to help guide, as long as what is read is of use and assists those who are less experienced then I don't think you should dismiss it as insignificant. People will find their own way, and more easily if they have information rather than having nothing.
I'm not sure whether you have a point, Jimmy. Adding a comment does not imply that I'm criticising you for posting it. Is that how you perceive it?
I would assume that the article was written by an experienced vaper, by someone who knows the answers and wants to explain it to anyone who cares to read it.
My response did not dismiss the article in any way, neither did I suggest that it was insignificant. I hoped that by pointing out a different perspective on the real cause and effect, it could aid understanding.

I'm not sure whether you have a point, Jimmy. Adding a comment does not imply that I'm criticising you for posting it. Is that how you perceive it?
I would assume that the article was written by an experienced vaper, by someone who knows the answers and wants to explain it to anyone who cares to read it.
My response did not dismiss the article in any way, neither did I suggest that it was insignificant. I hoped that by pointing out a different perspective on the real cause and effect, it could aid understanding.
Vaping causes canceric cells to mutate in the swim bladder

Sent from my Samsung J5(6) using Planet of the Vapes Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom