What's new

How To Stock coil rebuild - Baby Beast, Cleito & others

@Jackymax I've joined the coil building squad, I made my first one using the Aspire Cleito 120 RTA the other day, and my first one was successful.....I just need to perfect my wicking :D

I'm tight(ish), I also like to try and repair stuff.

I had previously had a go at rebuilding a Cleito coil and failed as I wasn't prepared to put the time in to fiddle with getting the newly built coil and wick back in its tube - and I hate being sticky

I revisited rebuilding stock coils on YouTube today as my Baby Beast needed a coil change. To make inserting the new coil and wick easier I thought that using a thin piece of plastic to help it slip in might help. First I made a tube and tried to push the coil in to it and then in to the coil tube but that didn't work well. Next I just rolled the plastic around the coil and wick and that worked very well, still a small fiddle but once in the tube it was a doddle to push it all in and then using a larger drill bit (or pencil? whatever) hold the coil/wick in and gently draw the plastic out and, as the say, Bob's yer mother's brother.

I dug the disassembled Cleito coil out and put a new bit of cotton around the wire I'd wound previously and that when in like a dream. The Cleito coil vapes fine, I think I've failed to get the seal back in properly on the Baby Beast as that leaks like a colander! I untwisted the wires a bit but maybe not enough or I should use plain round or flat wire next time.

A great excuse for buying some Tunnocks Tea Cakes :-)

UEN9xYQ.jpg

You could have saved yourself a load of agg, and pennies for the future by getting the Cleito RTA....costs less than a pack of coils, and easy to build on.

@Jackymax I've joined the coil building squad, I made my first one using the Aspire Cleito 120 RTA the other day, and my first one was successful.....I just need to perfect my wicking :D
Yay!!:yahoo: Feels good don't it :D Yea my wicking is a bit thin, but still working! Will make it thicker when it needs re-wicking :D

Yay!!:yahoo: Feels good don't it :D Yea my wicking is a bit thin, but still working! Will make it thicker when it needs re-wicking :D

Yeah I was sooooo happy, I even did a happy dance....I really wasn't about coil building and wasn't here for it at all....now I totally am.....coil building is everything :D
My first 2 wicks were a bit tight so was dry hitting a fair bit, so I turned to the toobe of yoo, and checked a couple of tutorials, and my 3rd wick I did yesterday, is still vaping like a dream now, and not dry hitting at all.....I would never ever have tried building my own coils if I wasn't part of this here forum....in all fairness, not gon' lie, but I may well still be tokin on the wakky bakky if I wasn't on this forum and discovering sub ohm vaping and falling down it's rabbit hole ha :D
Sub ohm vaping is what's keepin me on the wagon. I luvvit, luvvit, I frikkin well luvvit hehe :rotflmao:

Yeah I was sooooo happy, I even did a happy dance....I really wasn't about coil building and wasn't here for it at all....now I totally am.....coil building is everything :D
My first 2 wicks were a bit tight so was dry hitting a fair bit, so I turned to the toobe of yoo, and checked a couple of tutorials, and my 3rd wick I did yesterday, is still vaping like a dream now, and not dry hitting at all.....I would never ever have tried building my own coils if I wasn't part of this here forum....in all fairness, not gon' lie, but I may well still be tokin on the wakky bakky if I wasn't on this forum and discovering sub ohm vaping and falling down it's rabbit hole ha :D
Sub ohm vaping is what's keepin me on the wagon. I luvvit, luvvit, I frikkin well luvvit hehe :rotflmao:
Almost doing a happy dance for ya lol :D

You're right though. This planet is the saving grace of quitters :)

Almost doing a happy dance for ya lol :D

You're right though. This planet is the saving grace of quitters :)

Hell yeah it is....this is the only forum I go on, I know I can ask a question, any question, without anyone thinkin I'm a thicko....newbies are so warmly welcomed here....I love my ape famo :D

Back
Top Bottom