What's new

How To SOLVED :- Innokin iClear X.I. and 30B Coil rebuild issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymouthbiker

I think I've just figured it out guys. An easy way to remove the metal top without destroying the thing.

Firstly, remove all the silicon parts including the positive pin, and the silicon ring (insulation) at the top of the coil.

The metal skirt is the troublesome part. In order to remove it all you need is heat. I used a Bunsen burner and heated the metal skirt you want to remove. After a few moments it literally dropped off. JOB DONE. No damage done.

Of course not everyone is a scientist and has a handy Bunsen burner around.. But a small pocket blow torch will do the job.

The heat expands the skirt and it comes apart.

Note... Once inside, you'll find a metal ring that sits on top of the coils. This can be wiggled out quite easily.
When putting the parts back together, I forgot the metal ring, and the skirt easily popped on and off. The metal ring is the reason it holds together so firmly. It pushes the two sides of the main body out onto the skirt wedging it tightly. So if you heat the skirt, it expands slightly out making it easy to remove.

In order to put it back together, once you have put new coils inside and wick, reheat the skirt using your torch or Bunsen burner, using a pair of pointed metal tweezers to hold it, and pop the skirt firmly back onto the main body, taking note of the gaps on the body of the skirt compared to the exit points of the wick. Then drench the whole thing in cold water or allow if to cool in the air for a few min.

No need for drills, ripping the thing apart with pliers etc. And a perfectly undamaged coil every time. coil annotated.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/plymouthbiker/16263025788/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom