What's new

How To Simple DIY Example and Price Breakdown

Nice thank you all for all the great advice!!
@uyir222 I fall in the category of no money tree in the back yard! Hence why I'm thinking on DIY juice. I hear in the long run it's cheaper than buying from a vape shop.
I get my liquids from my shop on deal days.
Mondays I get 2 60ml bottles $18.99 US funds normally $16.99 US funds each. Because Hubby is a military veteran. And on Saturdays I get them buy one get one half price.

So you get 120ml for $18.99, or $1.50 per 10ml and 120ml for $28.49, or $2.40 per 10ml. Using that Reddit example the cost is $3.21 for 120ml or $0.27 per 10ml. (not including the cost of scales). That's 5.5x cheaper than 2 for $18.99.

The whole cost/price thing comes into it. A little layout at the start for nic, flavours, scales, bottles etc and then the juice pays for itself.

Various other advantages include: tweaking recipes to your own personal taste, less sweetener = longer coil life etc. There's also something satisfying about making a juice and it being nicer than most if not all the expensive stuff you've bought.

I'm thinking one of these. But yes, Heathen.
View attachment 178120

So you get 120ml for $18.99, or $1.50 per 10ml and 120ml for $28.49, or $2.40 per 10ml. Using that Reddit example the cost is $3.21 for 120ml or $0.27 per 10ml. (not including the cost of scales). That's 5.5x cheaper than 2 for $18.99.

The whole cost/price thing comes into it. A little layout at the start for nic, flavours, scales, bottles etc and then the juice pays for itself.

Various other advantages include: tweaking recipes to your own personal taste, less sweetener = longer coil life etc. There's also something satisfying about making a juice and it being nicer than most if not all the expensive stuff you've bought.

Yes!! I'm looking forward to my own blends!!
I have a question as well.
Those of you who use different nic levels....
Such as your normal nic is say 3 or 6 but you have a 12 or 18 nic blend set aside for when you know you won't be able to vape for a while.
Do you make that blend stronger with the flavor since the nic alters the taste of your vape?
And how do you know how much nicotine you are putting in each batch?

what strength nic are you using

I'm using a 3 because anything higher alters the taste to much. But I'm constantly vaping and filling up my vapor. I don't vape as much when I have it at 12. I feel more satisfied. But the flavor of the vape is less desirable :(

Oh I don't know yet. I haven't purchased anything yet. So I guess after I purchase the nicotine. It depends on it, on how much i put in it. Guess they come in different strengths.

the higher the nic level you buy then the less you have to add, so it wont alter the flavour

In the US you'll want to get 100mg nicotine. Use a calculator (like in the examples) and it will tell you how much to add.

If you make different strength liquids just label your bottles (can use masking tape and a pen if you like) with the strength.

the higher the nic level you buy then the less you have to add, so it wont alter the flavour

That’s not right. Nic is all the same strength. It’s just present in pg or vg in different concentrations.

Back
Top Bottom