What's new

How To Simple DIY Example and Price Breakdown

Ok, sorry to make assumptions on your part. I should have said, it’s easy, I do it fairly often with no problems. ;)

I guess I could with the right tools for the job, but I don't have them ... I just have a scale.

How often do you calibrate your scale?

not often, I don't find that it drifts. .... it's not really about accuracy for me anyway, it's about making it as easy and as simple as possible... I had scales already, I just get a bottle and squirt straight into it... that's it, no beakers, syringes or measuring tools needed.

I feel I want to rescue people who don't use scales, the poor lost souls. What are they thinking, having to transfer one thing into another thing, then into another thing, then having to wash up. It's crazy man. Someone should tell them, the poor lost souls.

For me, I was quite happy using syringes and pipettes for years and didn't even think about mixing by weight, but as vaping became more popular, and people I know wanted me to mix them juice, I felt that my juices had to be exactly the same every time.

A squirt and a guess wasn't going to cut it really if people were giving me their money.

But once I started using scales I also found it to be far easier and quicker and there is less washing up, whilst having to do a bit of washing up isn't the end of the world its also nice not to have to do it at all.

I mix to 0.01 of a gram, Im almost anal about it, yes I know that .01 of a gram really wont make any difference in fact I would say that apart from maybe a couple of flavours 0.1 of a gram wont make much difference, but it is 1% in a 10ml mix and sometimes that can be a lot.

Anyway, do what makes you happy is my view.

If I was selling, yes i would use scales as want be the same every time. As a diy`er syringe will do me, one drop more or less wont make any difference.my last batch was 370ml ( of stuff I have never tried before - I like to live on the edge )

I don’t ever sell liquid and rarely even give it away. I also like the variation of blends turning out slightly different every time I make them. I suppose it’s personal preference, maybe this kind of rough mixing works only for the kind of flavours that appeal to me.

I don’t ever sell liquid and rarely even give it away. I also like the variation of blends turning out slightly different every time I make them. I suppose it’s personal preference, maybe this kind of rough mixing works only for the kind of flavours that appeal to me.

This sums it up pretty well for me. I use scales because i want to recreate recipes that I enjoy and want to be able to replicate my mixes across batches.

Back
Top Bottom