What's new

How To Simple DIY Example and Price Breakdown

This tedious topic of scales v other methods for diy keeps coming up, here and other threads and it is not really about which is the better method. It usually kicks off when someone makes an overly dogmatic statement.

in this thread it was listing scales as the first item in necessary equipment. in other threads someone says buy scales it is much easier or more convenient. If folk would just acknowledge that they are recommending their personal preferred method and not necessary the best method then leave others to come in with their preferred method then new users can decide for themselves.

Most members manage to avoid being overly dogmatic about choice of kit (the smock is shit thing is an exception) but for some reason some scales users ( I think it is normally them) are overly convinced that their chosen mixing method is simply the best method. It is for them. For others it is not. The fact this keeps coming back is proof enough that there is no consensus on the topic

What new users need to know is that there are a range of ways to measure liquids and leave it to them to decide.

Yes, scales certainly aren’t essential. I’ve been mixing liquid for two and a bit years and have never weighed it.

I use scales when making samples of say, 10ml as I think they help with the accuracy needed for such a small amount. If I'm mixing a big bottle, I'll go for syringes or measuring cups as the margin for error is a little more generous.

yep graduated cylinder here for VG/PG nowadays , and a 5ml/1ml syringe for nicotine / concentrate , Tried scales but found the cylinder easier and quicker

By eye is best...
5f7.jpg

Actually I use the American Weigh Scales flagged earlier. Find it much less of a phaff. Nice post OP.

Horrand i appreciate your info for other users its helps many people to help in buying and measuring

Only started mixing recently and i use scales, i try not to preach the best way of doing things as my way of doing things might not be the best way, i do generally take advice from fellow members as most have been vaping a lot longer than me and know their stuff, at the end of the day suggesting something isn't forcing something on to someone. I really appreciate suggestions.

Only started mixing recently and i use scales, i try not to preach the best way of doing things as my way of doing things might not be the best way, i do generally take advice from fellow members as most have been vaping a lot longer than me and know their stuff, at the end of the day suggesting something isn't forcing something on to someone. I really appreciate suggestions.
There are many ways to mix, some less faff than others. But for accuracy, scales are the way to go. When I started mixing it was with syringes but that was a pain as you had to clean the syringe and the needle between concentrates to avoid cross contamination. Some people count drops, some just go for ballpark amounts. It all depends on how anal about it you are. I'm pretty anal, I use scales and could never imagine going back [emoji16]

It didn't take me long to notice that VG and syringes don't go well together, well they didn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom