What's new

Serpent SMM wicking trick

Joe Miles

Postman
If you're getting dry hits or leaking with the serpent SMM....

Rebuild your coil
Feed as much cotton through the coil as possible without it pulling on the coil when you move the cotton back and forth.
Trim the cotton so that it is just shy of touching the base of the tank.
Fluff up your cotton tales and tuck them through the holes in the deck.

NOW here's the different bit...
Underneath the deck where there is a gap before the tank base fan out the cotton so it is as wide as possible.

This way you have thick enough cotton to avoid leaking. But not cotton that is so compacted at the bottom it won't wick fast enough

Not saying this is the only way to wick this RTA. But it always works for me

Hope this helps someone out there :-)

Rebuild your coil
Feed as much cotton through the coil as possible without it pulling on the coil when you move the cotton back and forth.

Underneath the deck where there is a gap before the tank base fan out the cotton so it is as wide as possible.

This way you have thick enough cotton to avoid leaking. But not cotton that is so compacted at the bottom it won't wick fast enough

Thank you for that. The only time I experienced leaking from mine, was after refilling the tank and that has only happened on the one occasion.

Thank you for that. The only time I experienced leaking from mine, was after refilling the tank and that has only happened on the one occasion.
Cool... it took me a while to get happy with wicking this RTA... but now I love it!

Overscrewing the top cap can lead to a wee leak aswell

I tend to close the airflow when refilling mine and turn the top cap until I feel the o ring bite then I turn upside down open the airflow and finish tightening top cap before turning it right way round again
Apparently it stops flooding

Overscrewing the top cap can lead to a wee leak aswell

I tend to close the airflow when refilling mine and turn the top cap until I feel the o ring bite then I turn upside down open the airflow and finish tightening top cap before turning it right way round again
Apparently it stops flooding
Nice tip... I will do this form now on.... as I do pcassiknally get a little leak when 're filling

Rebuild your coil

How do you manage to get to the cotton under the deck? IIRC there's barely any space...

tbh ive found it one of the easiest RTAs to wick along with the reload. Use a big coil with plenty cotton stuff it in the holes(just below) and off you go

tbh ive found it one of the easiest RTAs to wick along with the reload. Use a big coil with plenty cotton stuff it in the holes(just below) and off you go
Mm... In my experience, too little wick and it'll leak, too much and you'll get dry hits. If not difficult to get right but requires a little effort

Back
Top Bottom