What's new

How To Rebuild your Vivi Nova coil and wick

20130127_163902.jpg

This is how I do it and it works perfect every time!

Sean[/QUOTE]

Hello ado28 i have one question for you if you could advise me please... where do you put the two wires that are coming down from the coil? i would be trying this on ce4 ce5 rebuildables i have never tried this before

It is worth giving it a try also do not get disheartened if you don't get it right first time and when you get the hang of it you will wonder what all the fuss was about

Wahey, after 3 attempts at making the coil I finally got one that works, and works well. I couldn't get the tinfoil trick to work so cut the wick at an angle and screwed it through the coil. Worked for me, now to practise and make the coil tighter :)

Wahey, after 3 attempts at making the coil I finally got one that works, and works well. I couldn't get the tinfoil trick to work so cut the wick at an angle and screwed it through the coil. Worked for me, now to practise and make the coil tighter :)
Practice makes perfect :)

What I tend to do is make a whole strip of coils up

20130330_153348_zps1c4bd069.jpg

Then I flame the whole lot and set it aside until its time to rewick & coil my atty so its just a matter of cutting a coil/ wick off :)

20130330_153836_12_zpse407a2f0.jpg

Practice makes perfect :)

What I tend to do is make a whole strip of coils up

Then I flame the whole lot and set it aside until its time to rewick & coil my atty so its just a matter of cutting a coil/ wick off :)

That is a fantastic idea, once I've gotten better at it I'll have to do that.

And once again thanks for the tutorial, really helped to see it in pics rather than pausing and rewinding a YouTube vid :)

The tinfoil can be a faff at times so when I get it right I just go for gold lol

Ado28, thanks for posting this. Very neat idea and great pics :)

I made my first ever coil this afternoon with 2mm silica and 0.2 Kanthal A1 and it worked first time!

5 wraps giving me 2.3 ohms. Will try 4 wraps next time for a better hit.

When looking for something to wrap the coil around, I dug out my poundland mini screwdriver kit and started measuring different bits with my digital calipers. I was quite happy and surprised that I found some extremely close (within 0.1mm) to 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm so now these previously redundant cheapo drivers have got a new life:

2ujow88.jpg

I've been trying my new wick on my CE5 (one piece of 2mm silica wick, 5 wraps) but sometimes getting little to no vapour. Lots of dry hits.
I've tested the resistance on the base and it's 2.3ohms. Any idea what I can do to improve this?

-edit- seems to be OK now. Normal vaping resumed! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom