What's new

How To Rebuild your Vivi Nova coil and wick

ado28

Postman
Hi guys. Now I’m not claiming to be an expert but I just thought I’d share my technique on how I “personally” rewick and coil my Vivi Nova and I find that this works best for me and I’m managing up to 9 wraps giving a resistance on my coil of 2.8ohms and the taste from my juice is fantastic.

Materials used:
.2 Kanthal wire
3mm Silica wick
Long syringe needle (approx 1.5mm in diameter)
Tinfoil
Cigarette lighter and scissors

First up cut a small length of kanthal wire. 80mm is fine then flame it

20130127_161553.jpg

Then take your kanthal wire and start wrapping a coil around a needle syringe or something of a similar diameter that’s round. Don’t worry if your coils are not close together at this stage

20130127_162003.jpg

Once your finished doing your wraps (the more wraps will increase the resistance) then push the coil tight with your fingers. Don’t worry about them touching as they will spring apart again naturally.

20130127_162046.jpg

Flame the coil again as this until it glows a cherry red.

20130127_162238.jpg

Now take your silica wick and a small piece of tinfoil, 20mm x 20mm should be fine and wrap the tinfoil square over the end of the wick to form a needle. This is essential to feed the 3mm wick into a tighter diameter coil. Doing this will ensure that the coil is completely touching the wick in every direction enhancing the flavour and eliminating hotspots.

20130127_162409.jpg

Once the foil is shaped like a needle then thread it through the coil. You may need to hold the coil with your fingers to pull the wick through so make sure that you don’t squash it.

20130127_162848.jpg

Once the wick is threaded through simply remove the remains of the tinfoil.

20130127_162946.jpg

Now you can cut the wick to length and then rebuild your Nova or what other atomiser you are using that has this set up.

20130127_163902.jpg

This is how I do it and it works perfect every time!

Sean

Last edited:
Good one l have probs doing mine l'll try this l; use 2 mm but should still work

Yes Vapertron it will work without a problem, you will just find it easier threading the wick through lol. Doing the coil this way I found that they were much neater and kink free from trying to wrap it around a wick and paperclip plus the wick kept falling off the paperclip and I would get myself in to a right muddle pmsl

Hahaha my needle is about 1.5 mm so once l squash em up should be a good fit, yeah l get one wind on and it goes under the clip, always trying to wrap it at an awkward angle :)

Hahaha my needle is about 1.5 mm so once l squash em up should be a good fit, yeah l get one wind on and it goes under the clip, always trying to wrap it at an awkward angle :)
lol Vapertron now remember "If its not safe, don't do it" now get your IPP book out so I can sign it pmsl :rules1:

Now that's a bloody good method, will try that later. Looks a very neat coil when finished, thanks ado28

Back
Top Bottom