What's new

How To re-wick and re-coil a Vision

Lay a paperclip or needle along the part of wick you want to put the coil on and start winding. :) Personally I use a largish needle, and you don't want a really big paperclip./ The idea is to give support to the wick so it doesn't flop as you wind and prevent the coil being too tight. Reason for not using a giant paperclip, the coil would barely touch the wick after winding so it wouldn't be much good at vaporising things. If you have something like a vamo you can check resistance on that, but its a good idea to have something as too low a resistance can make some batteries go bang. Maplins sell cheap but adequate multimeters and I have one, cost around a fiver.

AnnaLaw, i've got a multimeter, i've had it for quite a while now problem is though, i've got no idea how to use it! :) There's different knobs and settings, i wouldn't know where to start LOL.

@AnnaLaw, i've got a multimeter, i've had it for quite a while now problem is though, i've got no idea how to use it! :) There's different knobs and settings, i wouldn't know where to start LOL.

I don't know if I can help as there are a host of different types of multimeter from ancient AVO to computerised ones that goes over a grand. In general you turn the knob or push the button marked 'ohms' or 'resistance' and if yours doesn't automatically pick the range you set the knob to the lowest, often 200 ohms, but anything that can measure up to 5 or 10 ohms will work. If you have a 4 lead milliohm setting you ignore that!

AnnaLaw, thanks for that. I haven't unearthed mine for a while but from memory i believe mine had 2 'knobs' on and 2 leads. I'm sure i can find out online somewhere how to do it, but thanks for the info anyway :)

Does anybody have any tips or tricks for winding the wire? Thats the bit i found the most difficult, i followed DocVape's instructions to the letter, cutting the wick and the wire to the right length, but then i found that there was hardly any wire to hold onto while trying to wind some around the wick! Extremely annoying to say the least lol.

I cut the wick to a little longer than I need (a lot longer for a very small wick) and either don't cut the wire until after I've wound the coil or cut what I think is enough for at least two coils. That gives me plenty to hold. Then I use a needle to keep the wick from flopping round, wind the coil round wick and needle, pull the needle out, if possible check coil resistance, then cut the wire to a bit longer than I need so I have a good loose bit to hold. Maybe that helps?

Back
Top Bottom