What's new

How To re-wick and re-coil a Vision

I have a couple of (sealed, not easily rebuildable) CE5s. There is no visible wick or coil, just a tube with holes in it, but I'm sure the tube does contain a wick and coil somewhere. It works, performs, the same as other clearos.

These are CE8's mesh clearos

Sounds interesting AnnaLaw, did you buy them from here in the UK? I've not come across any that are named as "wickless" in any way. I've not seen any images of any that look different to the clearo that i have that has a visible wick inside either. Very strange indeed..... :anyone:

These weren't sold as wickless and I never thought that they lacked wicks. They were bought in the UK, from Vapourtine I think.
You can't see a wick so I'm sure its inside the tube. The tube has holes in it, kuice goes into the holes, wet the wick and gets vapourised.
I've never read a description or taken one apart but assume that's the way they work.

These weren't sold as wickless and I never thought that they lacked wicks. They were bought in the UK, from Vapourtine I think.
You can't see a wick so I'm sure its inside the tube. The tube has holes in it, kuice goes into the holes, wet the wick and gets vapourised.
I've never read a description or taken one apart but assume that's the way they work.

Yep sounds exactly what some call the ce8 ;)

SUCCESS!! :):):)!!! I actually did it, i can't believe it! I followed DocVape's extremely clear instructions, and hey presto, i have a new and fully functional coil, (so far anyway..). I did think i'd messed it up at first because when i went to test-fire the new beast, all i got was my ego battery sadly winking at me. But after taking the head back off and inspecting it, i found that there was a tiny bit of wire sticking out from under the rubber seal where it hadn't quite broken off cleanly and that must have been touching on something. Well the new coil is working fine so far and vaping well. Don't ask me what the resistance is cause i don't have a scooby-doo. But it works, and it was my first attempt. Extremely fiddly to do though i have to say.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it a bit easier to do? I've got quite big fingers and i found it especially hard coiling the wire around the wick! The wick didn't look nice and new by the time i'd got the wire coiled around it, it looked proper shredded. Do you use any special techniques?

Any news on this paper clip method for making the coil? I'm eager to learn anything that'll make it easier for me, i found it extremely fiddly to do lol. :)

Any news on this paper clip method for making the coil? I'm eager to learn anything that'll make it easier for me, i found it extremely fiddly to do lol. :)

Wrap the coil round the wick and a straighend paper clip or needle then remove, also gives the wick some breathing space ;)

Back
Top Bottom