What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Protank and evod rebuilding

Please someone tell me this gets easier!!

Just built my first coil!! It works and it's the ohms I wanted but it is harsh on my throat and very low on vaper! What have I done wrong?

I used pre cut wire and a cotton wick (I have been rewicking my coils with cotton for a while now)

Help...don't want to fall at the first hurdle

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

2 questions to start.

did you prime the wick before fitting it to the tank?
did you take any primer hits before vaping?
are there any other noticeable symptoms ? noises, spitting, leaking etc

ok... that's 3 questions. (cue Spanish Inquisition sketch)

it does get easier. honest

are you going the res/no res route? (if memory serves these have no res wire leading down from the coil through the rubber - i could be wrong) if Im right the wire may be heating the rubber too much if you are not using no res.

Its actually easier to rebuild a RBA or a dripper than these things IMO

Yes I'm using the res no res wire. I think the original coils may be made out of these as I could see a colour difference just after the coil.

It turns out however, that I may have succeeded after all. My battery was low so switched to a new battery and hey presto....it works beautifully!!

Oh and I have my fingers in my ears while you're talking about mods and droppers...I will not get shinyitus!!

Yes I'm using the res no res wire. I think the original coils may be made out of these as I could see a colour difference just after the coil.

It turns out however, that I may have succeeded after all. My battery was low so switched to a new battery and hey presto....it works beautifully!!

Oh and I have my fingers in my ears while you're talking about mods and droppers...I will not get shinyitus!!

Id just give in now ... its gonna happen .. you know it is ..

go on ... just a little one ...

your next job is to drill out one airhole in the evod...stick cellucotton in there and it'll give the protank some serious competition and last a week before re-wicking..and thats with custard.
Love evods...the original and still ..erm quite good

2 questions to start.

did you prime the wick before fitting it to the tank?
did you take any primer hits before vaping?
are there any other noticeable symptoms ? noises, spitting, leaking etc

ok... that's 3 questions. (cue Spanish Inquisition sketch)

it does get easier. honest

Hi,

Yep primed the wick and took some dry hits first. No gurgling or leaking...just a dying battery!! Popped a new battery on and I'm good to go!

Thanks for the help

your next job is to drill out one airhole in the evod...stick cellucotton in there and it'll give the protank some serious competition and last a week before re-wicking..and thats with custard.
Love evods...the original and still ..erm quite good

OMG...drilling holes!? This could get messy!! I really like the Evod actually, maybe a little bit more that my protank mini!!

I can't afford the posh shiny stuff, I can't afford the posh shiny stuff....just keep saying it and I'll be ok right??

OMG...drilling holes!? This could get messy!! I really like the Evod actually, maybe a little bit more that my protank mini!!

I can't afford the posh shiny stuff, I can't afford the posh shiny stuff....just keep saying it and I'll be ok right??

I really hate to do this to you, but have you seen Fasttech yet?

I love my evods too, great little devices, very handbag friendly. Well done on your first coil :)

Hi,

Yep primed the wick and took some dry hits first. No gurgling or leaking...just a dying battery!! Popped a new battery on and I'm good to go!

Thanks for the help

battery....that was gonna be question 4.. really, it was ! :hmm:

glad you got it sorted. you're now officially a tinkerer and qualified to drive rda's & rba's
(and modify evods... which I'm going to have to try, thanks to 2eyes)

oops. did i mention shinies ?

You really dont need shiny stuff....pretty much everything kanger made was based around the evod...quite a few folk still rate them very highly uploadfromtaptalk1409698659600.jpg
smallest drill bit you've got....as in the yellow one

You really dont need shiny stuff....pretty much everything kanger made was based around the evod...quite a few folk still rate them very highlyView attachment 32529
smallest drill bit you've got....as in the yellow one

it has noting to do with need .. and everything to do with want :)

Back
Top Bottom