What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Polish Stainless Steel by Hand (with pics)

Great stuff. I have to say the shiny 'mirrorish' finish is far better than standard machine finish. I'll give it a go.
Appreciated.
Bobby...

Not bad will try on my mirror polished stingray from m-vapes

Sent from my SK17i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Very nice for those who like polished.
Not sure about all the 'manual labour" though. Lol
Would have though spinning the item with a drill or lathe would be much easier and faster :D

Neil. :)

Great stuff and outstanding dedication to the cause I was impressed by the elbow grease put into the work, I shied away from opening a can of my own elbow grease and used cheap spinning drill polisher attachments. Removing logos is the part where the penny dropped on the elbow grease front! (Must be a way of glueing the abrasive paper onto a spnning drill yoke...another thread one day perhaps)

Something that may be of interest to anyone having a turn themselves is what I learned from shining up a SS derringer clone - the mirror finish looked handsome but it was so smooth it is now real tricky to grasp and remove - so much pressure has to be appled that the internal 'juice wall' ring whatever you call it now comes off with it. Probably fixable with a nip from some grips but the point being is that a Dripper cap in particular can be a PITA to get off, once given a mirror finish, if it has good suction onto the base.

But it shines like a good'un! Happy days!

Back
Top Bottom