What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Polish Stainless Steel by Hand (with pics)

Just finished rubbing down my ego. Looks nice with the little brass bottom. Just waiting on some proper polish, braso doesn't do the job!

Sent from my... why do you care?

Attachments

• 1392728447643.jpg
    1392728447643.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 413
Great how to, i have 2 ice matte paps tubes, might get to work on one of them

This is completely contradictory to the theme of this thread, but if you can achieve a nice 'brushed metal' effect by rubbing with a simple washing up sponge.. The rough, dark green side obviously. I used to do it to iPods, looks nice and covers up existing scratches.

This is a great guide though, thanks!

Beautiful work, you may want to consider zephyr pro 40 liquid perfection metal polish as a protecting. Great stuff

Any tips on how to protect the engraving while polishing ?

Depending on how deep it is you should have no problem, even when using power tools and buffing rouge you are taking off phenomenally small amounts of metal.

My only suggestion would be to start with the second grade of sandpaper and go slowly.

Back
Top Bottom