What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Pick safe Batteries for variable wattage mods

Hi mate.

It will remain at 20A, as the alien is a Series regulated mod. If you was using a mod which is wired in Parallel, then CDR does increase.

With the LG's, you will be fine up to around 100W on the Alien, as it has a cut off of 2.8V per cell. This would leave you at 19.84A at cut off.

Thank you conanthewarrior,

I think I will end up vaping around 40/50W so I should have plenty of room to adjust up a little if required. I have decided not to go above 100W at any point though as it's better to be safe.

Thank you conanthewarrior,

I think I will end up vaping around 40/50W so I should have plenty of room to adjust up a little if required. I have decided not to go above 100W at any point though as it's better to be safe.
Yes I am sure you will find 100W to be more than enough for your needs. I do have the Alien myself, and the Baby beast tank in the collection, and I run it at around 45-50W with the RBA.

At 50W, you will be at around 9.9A at cut off. This is the maximum you would be able to draw from your batteries at 50W, so you will be plenty safe :).

Yes I am sure you will find 100W to be more than enough for your needs. I do have the Alien myself, and the Baby beast tank in the collection, and I run it at around 45-50W with the RBA.

At 50W, you will be at around 9.9A at cut off. This is the maximum you would be able to draw from your batteries at 50W, so you will be plenty safe :).

Thanks again, really appreciate your advice :)

this is a great video, i do have a question if i may
i currently running .15 ohm at 70/80 watts. using around 3.4v at 21 amps. im also using the Samsung 30Q purchased from the trusted fogstar. are these amps a little high of dop they seem normal
im def going to watch the video a couple of times to try and get my head around it all ans they go through it all so quick.

this is a great video, i do have a question if i may
i currently running .15 ohm at 70/80 watts. using around 3.4v at 21 amps. im also using the Samsung 30Q purchased from the trusted fogstar. are these amps a little high of dop they seem normal
im def going to watch the video a couple of times to try and get my head around it all ans they go through it all so quick.
Hi mate, with a regulated mod resistance does not effect the amp load on your batteries, here is a guide I wrote explaining how to calculate for a regulated mod- https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...lating-amp-load-using-a-regulated-mod.128294/

The amps and voltage are what is going to your atomiser from the output of your board not the input, and perfectly normal :), even a little low at 3.4V and 0.15.

If you are using the 30Q's in a dual or triple 18650 mod, then they will be fine at 70-80W. In a dual 18650 mod, it will be drawing around 14.3A max assuming a 6.2V cutoff, or in a triple 18650 mod only 9.8A. This is with 90% efficiency in both cases.

thank you @ conanthewarriour i feel a little bit more at ease knowing im in the safe range

Back
Top Bottom