How To Guides

Please only post Tutorial and Guides in this forum.

If you have a question about a specific product or are a new user, please use one of the following forums:

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Mixing from concentrate or shortfills, my experience...

Discussion in 'How To's and Guides Only' started by madh0us3, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welshman68

welshman68 Postman

Just got caught in a shortfill trap I bought tobacco trail and put 10ml of nic salts but the flavour has disappeared

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vapouround
  3. Badboybez

Badboybez Veteran

Quite right guys, my feeling exactly.
    In my opinion faced with the TPD regs the easiest way to go for the manufacturers was the shortfill route, and a godsend for many vapers.
    But as you say, some manufacturers take care / pride in their liquids, and cater properly for adding nic, some, mainly the larger ones do not.
    The problem is compounded by the TPD regs in that nic shots can only be 20mg in strength, so the higher the nic you want, the more the flavour gets weakened.
    I used to diy most of my juice, but for various personal reasons this has been difficult lately, but hoping to get back on track with that now, and have just ordered a couple of litres of vg, and some pg.
    My preffered way to buy ready made liquid is to buy 100ml of my favourites, and add the small amount of 72mg nic that I have.
    If I want to try a new liquid I buy a 10ml bottle of 6mg rather than a shortfill, so that I get the flavour as it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fossilus

Fossilus Initiate

:18:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eternal Vape
  6. Fossilus

Fossilus Initiate

7. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

What’s this all about?

• Like Like x 1
  8. scrumpox

scrumpox Veteran

The hidden cost of starting out with mixology (from concentrate) is waste. It's very easy to build up a cupboard full of flavours that you've only produced a few small testers of or for recipes that you didn't enjoy or pursue further. It's also part of the fun though, learning how each flavour works and combines with others is a hobby in itself.
    You do need a little bit of self-discipline and a pedantic approach to note taking to avoid waste, it's also worth noting that with good storage, the shelf life of flavourings is way more than the best before date on the bottle. Don't throw away perfectly good flavours.

I've found plenty of other uses for many of these food flavourings ... squashes, milkshakes, baking for example. I'm a regular user of Huel meal replacements; a squirt to change up the flavour makes a change in an otherwise boring routine. I also bake my own bread ... a simple white loaf with cinnamon swirl or banana nutloaf makes lovely breakfast toast!

• Like Like x 1
  9. adrian_uk

adrian_uk Postman

I agree shortfills just didn't work for me , Was never completely happy with the flavours.

DIY is very easy once you get your head round the maths, Thats literally the most complicated part and you get websites/programs that will do that for you, I only make my own now , More complex recipes are not that difficult and in my experience i haven't managed to make a flavour that i was literally unvapable , A few less to my taste then others, But nothing disgusting , As long as you stick to flavours you know you like.

More complex recipes arent that difficult either , just generally common sense , if your mixing strawberry and lime for example you know the limes going to be a lot stronger , so a higher % of strawberry and lower of lime etc...

And if your into basic one flavour recipes , you can mix 60ml bottles for about 60-80p .

And thats using inawera , which isn't the cheapest flavour concentrate out there , So you could probably do it cheaper , not sure as you don't need as much inawera % wise .

10. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

These days most of the flavours I like to puff as single flavours anyway. Inserts tobacco ones and a couple of others. They don’t need blended, I like them well enough by themselves. Blends I make rarely have more than two or three. Keep it simple, is how I think about it.

11. joey williamson

joey williamson Initiate

i make ejuice too

12. bellyman

bellyman Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I have seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.