What's new

Mixing And Steeping Hacks

Just a thought, ive recently starting mixing be weight. Got some good electronic scales. No more mess, no syringes or pipettes etc
I actually bought some scales especially for that! But don't know where do start mixing by weight. How is that done?

Hey apes and appettes, I don't make my own liquid I buy however I have been finding when mixing the nic shots I get a bit of a harsh taste and loose the flavour a bit so want to try steeping, I looked online and say the microwave way put bottles in the microwave for 10 seconds take out uncap and let breathe then cap and shake then leave to cool repeat if necessary.......questions anybody tried this? does it work? how long to let breathe? any other ways recommended?

Im going to try the tumble dryer method tooo i think but not sure how to put it on a medium heat....have to ask the better half when she gets home how many times do you recommend doing it just the once or more??

Hey apes and appettes, I don't make my own liquid I buy however I have been finding when mixing the nic shots I get a bit of a harsh taste and loose the flavour a bit so want to try steeping, I looked online and say the microwave way put bottles in the microwave for 10 seconds take out uncap and let breathe then cap and shake then leave to cool repeat if necessary.......questions anybody tried this? does it work? how long to let breathe? any other ways recommended?
Shake the feck out of them & stick 'em away in drawer/box/cupboard. :D

Before you put the nic in the bottle stand it in a bowl of warm water. This makes the vg less viscous so the nic should mix in quicker.
If your using pg nic shots you may be altering the vg/pg ratio.
What shortfills & ratio are you buying.

What is your nic VG, PG or mix.
If you want to keep the same ratio use 50/50 pg/vg nic or vg nic to reduce the harshness.
If you put 10ml pg nic shot you're decreasing the VG ratio. 50ml in 60ml bottles & 100ml in 120ml bottles?.
I get a 100ml shortfill occasionally which is just 100ml 0mg nic. If I was to put 20ml nic shots in to get my 3ml a) they wont fit & b) they water down the flavour by 20%ish. Fortunately I have 72mg nic so 5-6 ml makes little difference.

Back
Top Bottom