What's new

Mixing And Steeping Hacks

I guess the label isn't submerged then? just the lower half of the bottle?
If you're making different flavours at one sitting, number each cap 1-10 (or whatever) with a permanent marker, and correspond those numbers with your recipe sheet. Once the water heating process is done, then attach the appropriate labels, simples!

If you're making different flavours at one sitting, number each cap 1-10 (or whatever) with a permanent marker, and correspond those numbers with your recipe sheet. Once the water heating process is done, then attach the appropriate labels, simples!
Thanks, will give this a go :)

I tried some methods like setting the bottle in hot water for X minutes etc, but never really had any results compared to letting it sit a week.

Generally, I let it breathe for 30 mins the first day, close it up and let in sit in a dark space for the next 24 hours, repeat the next day with another 30 mins of breathing, and finally, let it sit for the remaining of the week, shaking it up daily.

One things that I like to do to mix up my juices using a blender. I scotch tape my small bottles to the inside part above the blade, and mix it up like that the first time.

I tried some methods like setting the bottle in hot water for X minutes etc, but never really had any results compared to letting it sit a week.

Generally, I let it breathe for 30 mins the first day, close it up and let in sit in a dark space for the next 24 hours, repeat the next day with another 30 mins of breathing, and finally, let it sit for the remaining of the week, shaking it up daily.

One things that I like to do to mix up my juices using a blender. I scotch tape my small bottles to the inside part above the blade, and mix it up like that the first time.
Centrifugal force will not mix the contents as good as a shaking method. None of the liquids used will compress under pressure, therefore when spun, the contents just get held at one end (or side if standing) and will not mix. A reciprocating saw, or jigsaw, both set to a slow to medium speed will mix them better, or a stirrer inside. There are magnetic plates that you place the bottle onto, drop in a ball bearing, and the plate will spin the ball bearing, thus stirring the contents. Similar as a car spray rattle can, only standing.

Centrifugal force will not mix the contents as good as a shaking method. None of the liquids used will compress under pressure, therefore when spun, the contents just get held at one end (or side if standing) and will not mix. A reciprocating saw, or jigsaw, both set to a slow to medium speed will mix them better, or a stirrer inside. There are magnetic plates that you place the bottle onto, drop in a ball bearing, and the plate will spin the ball bearing, thus stirring the contents. Similar as a car spray rattle can, only standing.

Oh wow, I was not aware of that at all. Thanks, I guess I'll go back to shaking.

I read this somewhere else but if you duct tape your juice to your car wheel (not the steering wheel) and drive to work it will be lovely and steeped on arrival
...or you'll see it whizz past the window as it flies off...lol

Back
Top Bottom