What's new

Mixing And Steeping Hacks

solo_rolo

Postman
Everyone just post their own bizarre method of mixing/steeping and in time this should become a great resource for others!

I'll start by adding my electric whisk method which only works in larger amounts. just put all of your juice ingredients into a jug then whisk it to death, then pour it into your prefered juice bottles.

:)

Please don't post if you just shake it and let it sit for a long time. Looking for more unusual methods. Thankyou

OK so my own method is mix all ingredients together in a bottle, place bottle in a pan or jug, fill pan or jug with hot water and leave for about 30 minutes then whisk with a milk frother for ten minutes then leave to stand until room temperature repeat 3 to 4 times depending on what flavours are used.

Mines not bizarre really but here it is. I microwave a container half full with uncooked rice til the rice is hot and stand my bottles in the hot rice (I use plastic bottles for my juice so I don'y want to put them near anything too hot lol) keep giving em a good shake, reheat the rice when its cooled...stick the bottles back in then shake every now and then. I do this as many times as I can be arsed over the course of the day then I stick the bottles in a drawer and do a bit more shaking whenever I remember :)

Wrap a few taped shut bottles in a damp towel tied together with shoelace then stick them in a tumble dryer on medium heat for an hour. Gives a great idea of flavour profile from fresh mix in no time at all and also helps with bought juices that need a bit of extra steeping.

Pretty much as above for me, the tumble drier.

I find it to be a very useful method.

When I`m mixing 10ml sample I slip them into a seal-able sandwich bag along with the recipe sheet for 15-20 minutes.

Larger bottle go the same way, only I bung these in an odd sock to keep the noise down.

I read this somewhere else but if you duct tape your juice to your car wheel (not the steering wheel) and drive to work it will be lovely and steeped on arrival

Tumble Dryer for me.

Tried it & Love it!!

I hate all the shaking palaver, so just dump all my DIY juices in a towel (to stop the clonking noise) & tumble on 'delicate' for 10 mins every hour for the rest of the day.

Err mix, shake daily for a week then put them in a dark drawer
and forget about them for a couple of months.
Works for me.

Pretty much as above for me, the tumble drier.

I find it to be a very useful method.

When I`m mixing 10ml sample I slip them into a seal-able sandwich bag along with the recipe sheet for 15-20 minutes.

Larger bottle go the same way, only I bung these in an odd sock to keep the noise down.

And that's just reminded me I have washing in the washing machine that needs to be dried.... Off to find some sandwich bags and mix some juice lol

Back
Top Bottom