What's new

How To Make your own DIY eLiquid guide for beginners - Video - All steps explained

Cheers for that Alistair. Yeah, before you have done it the whole process can seem a bit daunting, but actually it's really easy. Glad the video helped and good luck!

Great video, thank you. Informative and, at the same time enjoyable to watch. Thank you.

Quick couple of questions please(sorry if the answers are obvious).

1. At 7mins 20sec I'd like to understand how you arrived at some of the figures eg your percents on flavouring add up to around 20% why is that? What's the benefit of having a higher / lower flavour percent? I assume it's weaker and stronger flavour but would like to make sure. Thanks.

2. At 8mins 35 seconds When you change the ratio on the calculator to get 100% VG you change it to 78.9% sorry guys you lost me here, why did you change it and where did the figure of 78.9% come from? I obviously need to change my figure but I'm not sure why and what too

Again great video, really helpful thank you. Hopefully someone can help with the two questions to this newbie sorted [emoji3][emoji106]

Big love x

Great video, thank you. Informative and, at the same time enjoyable to watch. Thank you.

Quick couple of questions please(sorry if the answers are obvious).

1. At 7mins 20sec I'd like to understand how you arrived at some of the figures eg your percents on flavouring add up to around 20% why is that? What's the benefit of having a higher / lower flavour percent? I assume it's weaker and stronger flavour but would like to make sure. Thanks.

2. At 8mins 35 seconds When you change the ratio on the calculator to get 100% VG you change it to 78.9% sorry guys you lost me here, why did you change it and where did the figure of 78.9% come from? I obviously need to change my figure but I'm not sure why and what too

Again great video, really helpful thank you. Hopefully someone can help with the two questions to this newbie sorted [emoji3][emoji106]

Big love x

1) For flavour %, it is to do with how strong you like the flavour. It varies from person to person and in deed flavour to flavour. Ballpark is that it's usually 15% - 25% flavour. But even that varies. Trial and error will tell you what you like, or look at some of the recipies here on POTV.

2) For that, I was trying to make it as much VG as possible. As I had too much flavour in to make it say 80/20, I had to take the VG down a bit or the software warns you that you you have put too much PG (flavour is PG) in to make 80/20. This would not have been an issue if I was making say 70/30, as you add the 21% flavour (which is
PG) or whatever and then add another 9% PG to make the 70/30. Hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to explain.

Hope this helps.

Slack

1) For flavour %, it is to do with how strong you like the flavour. It varies from person to person and in deed flavour to flavour. Ballpark is that it's usually 15% - 25% flavour. But even that varies. Trial and error will tell you what you like, or look at some of the recipies here on POTV.

2) For that, I was trying to make it as much VG as possible. As I had too much flavour in to make it say 80/20, I had to take the VG down a bit or the software warns you that you you have put too much PG (flavour is PG) in to make 80/20. This would not have been an issue if I was making say 70/30, as you add the 21% flavour (which is
PG) or whatever and then add another 9% PG to make the 70/30. Hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to explain.

Hope this helps.

Slack
Thanks, all clear on point 1 [emoji106]

Think I understand point 2... As flavouring is PG based you have to factor the quantity of flavour towards your VG / PG mix if the flavour quantity (PG) has a negative effect on the final sum of ur VG / PG percentage.

Again brilliant video and thank you kindly for helping with the clarification on the points which went over my head. Amazing job Cheers [emoji482]

Thanks, all clear on point 1 [emoji106]

Think I understand point 2... As flavouring is PG based you have to factor the quantity of flavour towards your VG / PG mix if the flavour quantity (PG) has a negative effect on the final sum of ur VG / PG percentage.

Again brilliant video and thank you kindly for helping with the clarification on the points which went over my head. Amazing job Cheers [emoji482]

Yeah, for point 2, if you wanted to make a 80vg/20pg mix, then you can't put more than 20% flavouring in as the flavour is PG based. For example if you wanted to add 25% flavour, then the highest VG ratio you could do would be 75vg/25pg.

Also, it depends on what your nicotine base is made from, as that can be PG or VG and should count to the total VG/PG ratio in the software.

Don't worry too much about it - if you try and set it wrong in the software (i.e. can't make the desired ratio, like adding 25% PG flavour but trying for an 80/20 mix) it will go red when you hit the calculate button and you know you need to tweek the ratio, like I did in the video.

As I see your signature says too lazy to rebuild, if you are not using drippers then I wouldn't go above 70% VG anyways. The PG is thinner and helps it work in normal tank coils easier (though some tank coils can do 80/20 easy).

Hope this info helps and glad you like the video :)

Thanks pal, can't emphasis how helpful this has been. I look forward to checking out your recommendation The Alchemists Cupboard for flavour concentrate and developing my skills. Thanks again

Their prices for Capella are not as good as they once were, though they do make their own concentrate (Black Grape is amazing). Also check out DarkStar and Make My Vape.

I'm starting to diy liquid and there are 2 options for nicotine, pg and vg. Which one should I choose

'm starting to diy liquid and there are 2 options for nicotine, pg and vg. Which one should I choose
That depends on what percentage pg/vg you want to make as Dividebyzero said a couple of posts up if you going for a high vg recipe go for a vg based nic as most flavouring are pg, if your going for a 50/50 or 40/60 go for pg as its a bit thinner and easier to work with if you use pipettes or syringes to measure. Good luck and happy mixing

Yep, what Jude27 said. Though worth mentioning that lots of people do say that Nic lasts longer in PG than VG, personally I don't leave it long enough to notice though :)

Back
Top Bottom