What's new

How To Make an UGLY coil.

gbalkam

Postman
lol If it hasn't been done.. i should do a youtube vid and name it that.. The Ugly Coil. So... I was bored, and I have wire.. and what do you do when you are bored and have wire.... you play. LOL..

Build..
5x 7inch strands of 0.5x0.1 flat kanthal... twisted on a drill.
(I had planned on keeping them parallel.. but found I couldnt even see the wires to stack them. LOL.. so twisted it is)

Use more 0.1x0.5mm flat kanthal and clapton the 5 strand twisted wire you just made.

You now have the worlds ugliest wire. Wrap it 5x on a 2.0mm bit, mount and tune your ugly coil (tune = heat and pinch until you get the even glow from the center.) Not sure if anyone else calls it that.

Have to admit.. this thing is throwing vapor real good, even though I only did a single coil.

Now, someone better at doing claptons will probably make a less ugly coil.. but looks aren't everything.

Single Coil....
SDC12399.JPG

13912557_10210256736685927_3762933095536511242_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ive just thrown quite a few metres of half clapton half mess in the bin....all these vids look great with the wire magnified 50 times on cam...looks so easy hahaha..haha...is it fuck...tore what little hair ive left out today...agree with above...would love to see a pic

Yo. Pictures. Please.
I'll try to get one up in a bit, The juice I am using is really dark, so you cant see the coil very well. Ill rewick it later, just not sure how the pic will turn out. No real focus on my digi cam or web cam. Gonna get the wife to try on her ipad.

Ok so the reason I didnt post pics with the thread, is i made this just at spur of the moment. No idea how it would turn out, so didn't figure on a video. Camera doesn't really do close ups either. But.. I will see if i can get a pic of the coil, when it is time to redrip.

Btw.. if you go back to the OP, there is a pic now. It is built on a Tsunami for anyone that can't recognize the deck or chimney (which I put on my thumb to show it was a tsunami)

Back
Top Bottom