What's new

Let's talk wire!

jessd768

Initiate
hi everybody, I'm hoping somebody out there can explain to me what all the different wire types are and how they all perform. Kanthal... Stainless... Nichrome etc and any others that are available. I consider myself a fairly experienced vaper and I do all my own builds and stuff but I never got particularly excited with temp control and never ventured away from kanthal wire so can somebody explain to me what's available and what each type is good for? Thanks in advance.

Nichrome and SS are, per diameter or given length, of lower resistance than Kanthal, which means for mech users they are awesome. Whilst nichrome is for use in 'Poewr' mode only, SS can be utilised in either 'power' or TC.
They will also give a far faster ramp up time or you can build bigger coils for a given resistance so you can get more surface area to vape off of.

Depending on what kit you have, trying a couple of SS coils might be fun - certainly in power mode. Might give you a different taste on a couple of juices.

Certainly if you ever want to make Claptons or other fancy coils, using Nichrome or SS as the core will make life easier and mean you can use a lot less power to get the coils up to speed.

I thought it was nickel that is only for temp control and that nichrome can be used on normal power mode.

Always been using just kanthal but the temperature control stuff seems interesting thanks for the links Davroz

I thought it was nickel that is only for temp control and that nichrome can be used on normal power mode.

Ti, Nickel (Ni200) only for use in temp control mode

Nichrome (N80) and Kanthal (FeCrAl) in wattage mode

SS in either mode

Temp control wire compatibility reliant on your mods

So what is the benefit of using ss over others Im still trying to understand all this as my new mod has temp control going unused and is temp control really that great , I dont seem to burn any cotton and a fairly low watttage user would it really be worth me changing from kanthal to use it

Back
Top Bottom