What's new

How To KangerTech SubTank Mini | RBA Dual Coil Build Guide

I have trouble with wicking using max vg with the rba [emoji53]
I use 20/80 in mine. It works well. If i want to go full VG, I will drill out the juice holes to about 2.5mm each.and ONLY use it for 100% vg. But until i go totally nic free... I'll stick with 20/80 in my rba. (I also purchased a 2nd rba and toptank mini base to build on, and play with, in case i F'd one up by drilling it. lol)

hi fellow vApes
i started vaping 3 weeks ago and got the subbox mini starter kit which is awesome!!!
burnt first 2 occ's straight aaty and bought 2 more after that but no matter what resistance i tried i just couldnt get enough flavour or throat hit.
i started mixing my own juices about 10 days ago adding more flavour, less vg, and other combos before finally finding this ace vApe forum and the rba dual coil mod!
my prayers are answered! took me a few hours last night to build it and when i finally had it working i was literally BLOWN AWAY
im firing 40 watts through 2 x 26g x 6 wound coils which is showing 2ohms but due to surface area is giving me an awesome flavour bomb with an amazing throat hit and a cumulus of a cloud!!!
thanks for all the tips in here, ill be sticking around!

day 3: still firing, great flavours, awesome throat hits but lots of misfiring too so i finally had to operate and nudge the coils in closer, away from the chassis of the rba as this shorts easily even if too close it seems. also had to budge the wick around a little due to spitting but other than that this really is the perfect setup and now seems to be working stable.
ill post closeup photos as soon as i rewick it, no point upsetting it before then

Its a older thread but OWell....
I got one of those V1 RBA's in a 2nd hand subtank buy long time ago. I never used it and knew one day going to file the juice wells larger but still never got around to it. Kewl video and I never thought of dual coil in a subtank so got inspired by the video. Sat down last night, filed the openings larger, drilled the well a bit deeper and manufactured the RBA to look like it could handle some heavier juice flow. Built a dual 28 gauge 2mm ID 6 wrap rayon wicked spaced coils coming out to .5ohm. I thought after all said and done the coils were too high in the RBA so most of my effort was lowering the coils but it got done.
The dual coil in the filed out V1 RBA does produce a good vape, thirsty atty and after several refills no leak or nothing even close to a dryhit.

Back
Top Bottom