What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ijoy Captain RTA behaving strangely

Cliffyboy1962

Achiever
I finally received my Captain RTA yesterday after about four weeks wait. Took it to bits, watched a few wicking videos and got on with it.

It has not gone well.

My problem has been over wicking. A totally saturated vape and way too much heat for my liking. All the reviewers say the wicking is finnicky and needs to be got right. Well, I have to agree but, my dilemma is this :-

No matter how much wick I have used, I do not seem to ba able to stop the wicking from becoming saturated. This is when it gets really strange. The Captain RTA has juice flow control and when I close of the juice flow ports (I have now got them fully closed and have had them that way for several tanks worth), the wicking is still very saturated ! I keep staring at it and the ports look totally closed. I can't, for the life of me, see how the juice is getting from the tank, onto the wicks !

I imaging that the ports are not totally sealed but this doesn't explain why the wicking is completely saturated.

OK this has just got even more weird as I am typing ! I have just re-filled the tank, I obviously shut the feed ports as they have remained totally shut since yesterday. I took a toot and ........mouthful of juice ! Somehow the deck has become saturated and as yet has not leaked out through the airflow holes. The tank level has dropped from full to three quarters.

How is this juice getting into the deck?

I don't know the tank, but from your description an analytical approach would suggest that either:

There is a mechanical defect

or

There is an o-ring missing somewhere.

?

Don't have this tank either, seems not uncommon from a quick google.
Found in another forum
"After I fill it I take the bottom off and put it on a flat surface and give it some pressure to make sure the coil is seated tight, seemed to take care of the problem."

The whole deck push fits into the chamber and is sealed by an O-ring. I replaced the original o-ring with one from the bag of spares, yesterday, as I thought it might be where the problem was happening, however, the replacement o-ring was slightly bigger. I just took the whole thing to bits and replaced every o-ring involved on the juice side of things. The deck o-ring, I replaced with another one from another tank that was the same size as the original. I used the coils supplied with it and the cotton supplied with it and it seems to have solved it.

Will leave it for a while and see what happens, but for now it is behaving itself. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and by the way, when it works, it's frikkin awesome :jawdrop:

Last edited:
Here it is, with the wick ports almost fully closed. Still a slightly moist vape but nothing like before. Thanks for your help guys.

Attachments

• galleryContent1651357822.jpg
    galleryContent1651357822.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 167
Whilst the tank continues to vape really well, I have been forced to shut the juice flow holes completely to prevent the wicks from geting too moist and getting juice in my mouth. With the holes completely shut, you can still see bubbles escaping from the supposedly closed juice ports. I guess it seems to be just poor tolerances on the deck and chamber resulting in juice flow when there shouldn't be any.

I will keep this thread updated.

Back
Top Bottom