What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How to make your own E-Liquids

Hi, I’m new to diy juice and struggling! Have ordered some concentrates and made a few samples with 1, 2 and 3 flavours, all been steeping in my airing cupboard for a week but none taste that great really, some smell a bit chemically and others smell ok but lack flavour when I’ve tested them!! Not quite sure what to do as was really excited about it, now a bit lost! Any help would be great!? Thanks
Oh I’m using a mixture of TPA/TFA, Capella, Vapable and FW, 18mg Nic base 50/50 VG/PG (flavours and nic PG base)
As your using more pg than vg I guess your not using a sub ohm tank. What percentage of flavour are you using?

As your using more pg than vg I guess your not using a sub ohm tank. What percentage of flavour are you using?
Hi, no I’m not using sub ohm at the moment. I was mixing at 50/50 at between 12% and 20%, some of them have got a bit better tasting and I made some recipes that I found online and they are awesome!! Not feeling quite as lost now that I’ve produced something vapeable!! :)

That's good, i mix my own at 15-20%. If your liquid tastes a bit dry when vaped, put 1-2% of ethyl maltol in it to help it hold its moisture.

It's classed as a sweetener but you'd need to use at least 5% for it taste a bit sweeter. Or you can use it like flavouring (10-15%) to make a cotton candy vape liquid, but you'll need to add a strawberry or blueberry flavour

I started with the medium kit from vapable, not bad to get started. Then now with a little hunting around I can do it much cheaper buying my own ingredients, i get my VG from boots chemist Pg from lubrisolve nic and concentrates from eBay (McAdams). I had a nightmare with darrent chemicals (just read yell.com reviews to see why) so avoid at all costs. I mix at 40/60 for MTL vaping 1.8 coil. And use the calculator from Google play store called vape knead, it also calculates the cost of your mix after you put in your ingredient costs per 100ml, 30ml of DIY juice is costing me £1.17 but can change depending on how much nic/flavour you use. I am gonna start trying some quality branded flavs soon see if there is much of a difference from the cheap stuff I have now although I have no complaints with it apart from the mixed berry which is tasteless imo. I made my all day favourite lemon menthol 15% lemon 5% menthol and it is very nice , so if I can do it believe me anyone can, it's very easy after you do it once or twice and saves a load of money [emoji16]

I started with the medium kit from vapable, not bad to get started. Then now with a little hunting around I can do it much cheaper buying my own ingredients, i get my VG from boots chemist Pg from lubrisolve nic and concentrates from eBay (McAdams). I had a nightmare with darrent chemicals (just read yell.com reviews to see why) so avoid at all costs. I mix at 40/60 for MTL vaping 1.8 coil. And use the calculator from Google play store called vape knead, it also calculates the cost of your mix after you put in your ingredient costs per 100ml, 30ml of DIY juice is costing me £1.17 but can change depending on how much nic/flavour you use. I am gonna start trying some quality branded flavs soon see if there is much of a difference from the cheap stuff I have now although I have no complaints with it apart from the mixed berry which is tasteless imo. I made my all day favourite lemon menthol 15% lemon 5% menthol and it is very nice , so if I can do it believe me anyone can, it's very easy after you do it once or twice and saves a load of money [emoji16]
Thank you, I also got all my bits and pieces including concentrates from Vapable, I have also got VG from boots. I am still struggling with flavourless juice but am persevering!!

I didn't know how easy it was! If anyone is thinking about diy-ing do it! It's taken me a little while to get the mixes right but it's always worth it in the end.
If there's any tips you need feel free to ask but I'm no expert by any means [emoji23] I did have a read of that link before I ordered by first diy juices, great read
Hey there, I'm Michael
Willing to learn more about diy mixing myself very new too the vaping world well say that 3 months in now, off the smokes. But can really see that others are benefiting from doing this. Especially saving money, any help on how to start off would be much appreciated.

Hi Michael,
It all depends on what your concentrate strengths are, and I use 50PG/50VG
I usually start at 10ML and the put a bit on my hand to taste it if your then happy with the taste
The try a vape with it if your still happy then you’ve got it right
If not add a ML at a time and repeat the testing until your happy (I use 100ML Bottles)
I’ve made about 5,000 odd litres so far using this method some taste amazing other not so good just some Flavour concentrate taste better than others ie lemon &Lime didn’t like,but Forest Fruits Flipping Amazing

Back
Top Bottom