What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To How to fix metallic taste on Protanks

I get a metallic taste from my Vivi Novas, maybe I should try a different drip tip before I bin them.

May be teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but....

With the vivi novas, are you aware of "the tilt"? Whereby the coil goes dry as it's at the top so not getting enough juice on.

I find this gives a metallic taste, tilting the nova so the juice hits the coil and job's a good 'un :D

Last edited:
May be teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but....

With the vivi novas, are you aware of "the tilt"? Whereby the coil goes dry as it's at the top so not getting enough juice on.

I find this gives a metallic taste, tilting the nova so the juice hits the coil and job's a good 'un :D

Tried it. It's not a burnt taste, its just an overload of metal - I get the same when drinking from tins. I think I need to stick to plastics as much as I can or get a groovy stone/wood drip tip.

Tried it. It's not a burnt taste, its just an overload of metal - I get the same when drinking from tins. I think I need to stick to plastics as much as I can or get a groovy stone/wood drip tip.

Fairy snuff :D

T'was a long shot, but you never know ;)

Clearly I don't have a Vivi Nova as Vaper Train's OEM replacement is totally different to the one currently on the Fasttach model.

Just means I now have a spare for when I buy a plastic Vivi Nova from them on Friday :D

I get the same thing, off to give this a try now, really hope it looks ok as I love the aesthetics of my protank minis. I guess tis just a taste thing. In spite of smoking for years I still have a really acute sense of taste and smell, so this has been bothering me a bit. Not enough to stop using them but have been going round feeling like I'm also sucking on a penny.

I get the same thing, off to give this a try now, really hope it looks ok as I love the aesthetics of my protank minis. I guess tis just a taste thing. In spite of smoking for years I still have a really acute sense of taste and smell, so this has been bothering me a bit. Not enough to stop using them but have been going round feeling like I'm also sucking on a penny.

My sensitivity to this has vanished now - maybe you'll be lucky too Nikki.

Hope so mawsley. Also found I got a bit of a taste initially from plastic drip tips, but that settled down much more quickly, whereas am still noticing the metallic taste. Having been a smoker for years am I not meant to have less sensitive taste and smell (I have stronger sense of both than lots of people who have never smoked still so will be interested to see what happens to this if I eventually manage to stop smoking). However I think these just look absolutely georgeous on my ego twist, they seem to have been the first thing other than juice flavour obsession to have fired off a major case of shinyitus, I now own to so when away at work can change my flavours around... My bank manager hates me now ...

tried it out with a condom ,did the trick but didn't have one that fit snug enough so I stretched a cartomizer bung over the mouthpiece and it had the same effect. who would of known? maybe its because your lips don't actually touch the metal

Back
Top Bottom