What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How to fix dead mod Lost Vape in this case

burnt fingers

Achiever
Find a suitable tidy workspace a tidy worker is an efficient worker.. Also get your troosas off . You are gonna need to grip things between your knees no trousers helps with grip .

DSC_0070.JPG

Set TV to Roger Moore mode .

DSC_0075.JPG

This mods issue is a broken connector pin on the board side, temporarily fixed but tonight it is proper fix night.so remove face plate screws and prise up board, to avoid complete removal which is a hassle I use cocktail sticks to wedge the parts into satisfactory positions.
DSC_0076.JPG

Using soldering iron heat up board side connection pins one at a time while gripping the other side with needle nose pliers and just pull each pin out one at a time, the plastic bit will come along with the last one. Your gonna need your naked knees to grip the mod for this if like me you don't have a vice in the living room. End result is your left with....
DSC_0077.JPG

Get new connection, line up the pins with the solder and heat the while line of them up together while pushing on the plastic bit, try not to touch the pins as they will get hot, the pins just melt and the whole thing shoves into the solder pools you're creating on the board. I held it like this... Then heated up the board in the gap .. Some small melts to the plastic during removal already.. Bit it don't matter at the end as its all held in by face plate anyways.
DSC_0079.JPG

You should end up with this result.. Once you're all done .. A happy mod with a happy owner... Clouds Bro
DSC_0081.JPG

Good stuff :2thumbsup:
More tutorials on actually fixing things are quite needed on here; rather than people just banging on about what to buy next unendingly.

Good stuff :2thumbsup:
More tutorials on actually fixing things are quite needed on here; rather than people just banging on about what to buy next unendingly.

Its just a general.. It can be done thread . I find most people seem to suffer from some form of fear of opening stuff up and having a go. I had never opened up a mod before, or replaced anything in one . So I had a look, ordered 20p worth of parts, and had a go... and saved myself and entire lost vape mod going to the skip :D

The job I did there only requires a soldering iron. Enough solder left on the board combined with the pins of the new plug resulted in no additional material required .

I expect the guys in the vids above would recommend removing the old solder first with a solder sucker
= then you'd get a better connection. I've done this and it's quite tricky at first though - also you indeed would need more equipment - sucker/ helping hands/ etc...

Back
Top Bottom