What's new

How To How to clean the Aspire Nautilus BVC coils

aspire

Manufacturer
You will never get the coil to perform exactly like a new coil, but you might be able to extend the life of an old coil with this method.

Remove the coil from the base unit. Take the coil and rinse it under HOT water. Keep running hot water through the coil till the wicking material is as clean as you can get it.

Put the coil back into the base unit and screw it onto a battery.

Pulse the battery repeatability. You will get steam generated from heating the coil and the water that is in the wicking materal. Keep pulsing the battery, till no more steam is generated.

Continue pulsing the battery, till the wire inside starts to glow. This help burn off the caramelized juice on the wire.

Once there is no more somke being produced you can fill your tank with your juice and screw the base, coil assembly back on to the tank.

You can then start vaping your juice. WARNING: You will get a burnt taste for a while. Just mouth hit and exhale the vapor repeatedly till the burnt flavor diminishes. You might have to go through a few milliliters of juice to get rid of the burnt taste.

Once the flavor of your juice returns, you can vape normally.

Isn't there a layer of wicking cotton around the coil? If so dry burning would destroy the head?

Isn't there a layer of wicking cotton around the coil? If so dry burning would destroy the head?

I just chuck my coils in boiling water, rinse and repeat. If the coils are bunked up I use isopropyl and the boiling water, repeat boiling water baths until the water has no cap in it.

Put them on a piece of foil and put the in an airing cupboard or on a radiator.

Works a treat and saving burning any wicked material

I have tried cleaning coils in ultrasonic baths and boiling water and they always turn out pants. Why not buy some cotton and kanthal and rebuild them, I re-wire and re-wick my sub ohm Atlantis/Triton coils, it's quite easy once you've done a couple. There are videos on youtube showing how to rebuild them in a horizontal style. The first time I copied the video exactly and the coil was a roaring success for half an hour. Next time I just copied aspire's method and it turned out better. I gave one to a lad at work and he used it for over a month :D Typical canny Scot :D

Aspire changed the heads from ceramic to cotton recently, the cotton ones you can't dry burn.

I saw in a video on clean the coil. The reviewer heating the coil to red just like dry test without cotton, then put it into the cold water and repeat the process again. The coil become clear. Is it OK? Will it get the coil broken?

The Nautilus coils, vertical and horizontal, are quite easy to rebuild I've found. I rebuild Kanger, Aspire, Innokin coils regularly, I find it therapeutic :)

I have been using the Aspire Nautilus for a few months now and each atomiser lasts between a week to ten days before needing to be changed, depending on the juice I am using. Thicker juices, like those containing cinnamon and caramel, don't perform as well as thinner juices.

I have now replaced my all glass tank for the slightly smaller tank which has the metal diamond mesh style cover, it holds a bit less juice than the larger glass tank, but it is easier to unscrew for filling, as there is more grip on the fingers, from the metal cage. Won't break if you accidentally drop it on the floor.

I have washed out a few of my clogged up atomisers, but they don't perform as good as a new one. So for what they cost, I buy packs of five which gives me a few months use. My vaping cost me on average for juices and atomisers about £10 per week. When I smoked fags, I was spending that much every day.
I have managed to book a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords next June, with the money I have saved from buying fags.

Back
Top Bottom