What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How To Hex Coils on a Temple RDA (0.12ohm)

gbalkam

Postman
For this I used 6 coils, 8 wraps each of 24ga kanthal. At 200w I find it a bit cooler than I would like, next time I will try 26ga at 200w. This would be better on a 250+ watt box. This is something I would want to build on a regulated box and test before ever trying it on a mech. (doubt I will ever want to do it on a mech either.. lol)

So having tried this build for a bit, I like it over all, except that my 200w mod is not pushing enough power to properly heat this coil to produce the clouds I know it should be capable of. I removed the top 2 coils, and the extra power to the 4 coils made a huge difference.

I would love to try this on a 300w box. Or a mech, but I would need to do a lot of researching before attempting it. I'm just about to buy my first mech in a couple weeks, so will start small.. maybe 1 coil, then 2. I'll probably build on the regulated, retest and then try my builds on the mech, for a while at least.

New Hex Coil build with 26ga kanthal...

Last edited:
Ok just finished my rebuild, using 26ga kanthal, 8 wraps on 2.5mm core. I took my first vape and it got cloudy. I took my 2nd puff and started raining.. Not sure I dare take a 3rd hit.. I'm still close enough to the ocean to be concerned about tidal waves.

You've heard of coil builds being angry? This one is totally IED

"Inhale me will ya? Clouds? Yeah, you better be blowin' clouds sucker.. I'll choke you like a ho' at an S&M convention! "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom