What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First RDA setup?

Looking good, you're running an ipower to... Homemade or premade coils?

Thanks! Yeah I love the thing, it was my first mod I bought a few weeks back :)

Premade at the moment just getting a feel with the positioning of the coils and how to do the wicking. Can't wait to start wrapping my own.

Same here, couldn't recommend it enough, had mine about 4-5 months.
I do keep thinking about buying some premade coils to see if there's any difference in the vape

I do keep thinking about buying some premade coils to see if there's any difference in the vape

It lasts me ages as well, nearly 2 days off a charge and vaping at 70 watts all day!

The coils are pretty good to be honest, taste is amazing, had them at a bargain £0.89 instead of £5.99. I got the 24 gauge kanthal coils.

Here's the link: https://www.ecigwizard.com/ecig-hardware/wire-wire/

Always handy incase one day you don't feel like making your own.

Glad to see your enjoying the doge. It's a nice atty that really surprised me for its flavour.

I'd recommend putting a pair of claptons in and really ramping the wattage up. The cloud production is incredible and flavour gets even better. Ive got a 10 wrap dual claptons in mine and it's become one of my go to rdas for vaping high VG juices which need a lot of wattage to get them going. With the massive airflow and ceramic drip tip it never gets too hot to vape. Enjoy!

Heard that Wotofo name quite a lot so will give them a look!

I wouldn't mind a bit of overhang doesn't really bother me as I'll be using it in the house in the nights for a flavour kick. I'll check them out cheers.

I'll look into these cheers mate.

Just saw the site and I see he's a pretty established vendor. Will definitely purchase these from him and the cotton is a no brainier can't beat a freebie :2thumbsup:

Going to look into getting a tidy kit and I've checked those coil master kits out before so thanks for mentioning them as I forgot the name!

Cheers for the help and everyone else, hopefully my next RDA thread will be a completed build :hmm:
I see someone mentioned an RDTA instead.

May just be my view but I'd go for a RDA first if your just learning to build your own coils.

It's not just learning how to wrap wire, it's learning resistance and heat and wicking etc.

In my opinion there's more room for error with an RDTA. The wicking pretty much has to be spot on.

Some of the RDA's that have been mentioned already are a good start. The more you can do to make it easy, the more you will enjoy building.

Going for the major advanced stuff off the bat may just put you off and send you back to buying ready made (we don't want that)

I'd agree with the above post wholeheartedly. I bought the Doge on that offer and I've now ordered a Wotofo freakshow mini RDA. I've had 3 tanks prior to that and tbh it was 50% vape/50% issues of one kind or another. The simplicity and reliability you get from an RDA are definite plus points.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Loving the RDA so far.

Tried Heisenberg on it, I thought it was strong on my Cleito at high wattage but f*** me, almost blew my lungs out on the RDA :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice everyone! Loving the RDA so far.

Tried Heisenberg on it, I thought it was strong on my Cleito at high wattage but f*** me, almost blew my lungs out on the RDA :2thumbsup:

I also done the same when i first got an RDA, Heisenberg rocks tho :cool:

Back
Top Bottom