What's new

Easy Hack for GBox Squonk bottle

ScottishDuck13

Postman
Hola everyone!

Just modded my Geekvape GBox with a better squonk bottle and just wanted to post because theres no need for the cutting the metal tube that some of the videos show. This wasnt my idea btw, I did see this easy version somewhere, could have been here but thought I'd post a pic anyway.

So I bought this bottle: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9620993

Opened up the GBox (star screws but didnt have one small enough but one of the allen heads on a GeekVape tri-tool worked perfectly.

Pic for ref (I forgot to take a pic before so used a snip from MikeVapes video but he does the dremmel hack):
Capture.JPG

So you just unscrew the 2 screws highlighted in red and pull the whole middle section, rod and all out. make sure the little rubber adapter highlighted in blue is also removed.

Then simply push the new bottle's tube into that pin in the highlighted blue bit and your done!
ModdedGBox1.jpg

Only issue I came across is I tried to have the bottle sitting right int the bottom but that meant I had to pull the tube up slightly which would leave it not quite touching the bottom of the bottle, however when trying to put the door back on I realised theres actually little plastic slot in on the main mod and the door that the lid of your squonk bottle need to sit between so pushed the tub back down and left the bottle so it felt like it was sitting a bit loose on the bottom.

This isnt an issue though as you can see below the door holds it well in place with no gap.

ModdedGBox2.jpg

You cant see on the pic but I have the red front to the GBox so this bottle makes it look reallyyy nice! So easy to do and kept all the bits in a little baggy so can easily just attach back on if needed. No drilling, no mess!

Only thing is refilling, I have the squonk refill bottle so using that but if you dont you will need to unscrew it again. Some people replaced the screw with magnets while the door was off which is a great idea, might look into that next.

Hope this helps people! :)

Back
Top Bottom