What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Crown tank advice on coils etc

petershaw1984

Initiate
I've got the crown tank running on the rx200 and have been enjoying it untill recently.

I've used far too many coils in the last 10 days or so.

I've burnt or gotten a burnt taste from 2 nic200 coils....and in only vaping at around 75-83 watt and temp at 520-560 .
I'm using 80 vg pg mix....xould that be too thick?

I've been advised against using the wattage coils as they can burn through just as fast I believe.
Where amid going wrong

Any help will do

your not going wrong @petershaw1984 as i think a lot of us suffered at first.

now i dont do TC so i cant help on that but what i have found is 80/20 can struggle a little.
when i got my tank on release day the 3 coils in the box lasted 5 days. back then it was 2 x 0.25 and one 0.5. TC wasnt released.
i was using one hit wonder 80/20 and wattage coils were perfect for the first day but burnt out within an hour of turning on on the second day.
i dropped to 70/30 and all was hunky dory.
my wattage coils now last a good 2 weeks and on the odd occasion i still use 80/20 but 90% of the time its 70/30.
i dont go above 60watts though and average 50-60w which is plenty for me as it still gives great flavor.
theres been quite a few say using a very fine pin prodding the 4 air holes does help as the cotton is quite compacted in them.

another thing is how long a draw do you take. 3-4 seconds is fine but much more than that and the cotton cant wick quick enough so burn out.

UWELL CROWN

0.5 dual = 30-80w
0.25 dual = 80-120w
1.2 single = 10-30w
0.15 TC Ni200 = (302°F – 662°F)

your not going wrong @petershaw1984 as i think a lot of us suffered at first.

now i dont do TC so i cant help on that but what i have found is 80/20 can struggle a little.
when i got my tank on release day the 3 coils in the box lasted 5 days. back then it was 2 x 0.25 and one 0.5. TC wasnt released.
i was using one hit wonder 80/20 and wattage coils were perfect for the first day but burnt out within an hour of turning on on the second day.
i dropped to 70/30 and all was hunky dory.
my wattage coils now last a good 2 weeks and on the odd occasion i still use 80/20 but 90% of the time its 70/30.
i dont go above 60watts though and average 50-60w which is plenty for me as it still gives great flavor.
theres been quite a few say using a very fine pin prodding the 4 air holes does help as the cotton is quite compacted in them.

another thing is how long a draw do you take. 3-4 seconds is fine but much more than that and the cotton cant wick quick enough so burn out.

UWELL CROWN

0.5 dual = 30-80w
0.25 dual = 80-120w
1.2 single = 10-30w
0.15 TC Ni200 = (302°F – 662°F)
Cheers for the reply....il try the fine pin trick.
I don't tend to draw longer than 3 seconds.
I'm hoping that works......if not I might have to go and get the cleito but I've been told the coils can't be run that high.....I have loved the crown tank. I was using the herakles plus tank for a while on a hexhohm. I did actually like the herekles plus .
Any other tanks you woukd advise?

your welcome.
have you thought about the crown 2 tank which takes different coils. also weve found out the rafale coils fit the crown 2 and you can get them for £2.50 from ecigwizzard https://www.ecigwizard.com/uwell-rafale-replacement-heads.html and they work perfectly. (they DO NOT fit crown 1)

ive also got 2 cleito tanks and dont use them as much now as i still prefer the crown 1 & 2

i run the cleito at 50w on both and great flavor but spit back on lips can be a little uncomfortable at 50w
ASPIRE CLEITO

0.2 ohm = 55-70w

0.4 ohm = 40-60w

and dont get me started on the herakles plus. it took flying lessons out my window on the first night as it kept pouring out juice. not used it since.

Back
Top Bottom