What's new

Coiling, Wicking and Rebuilding 101

Extremely helpful. My husband and I have been having trouble with getting his builds right and this may have done the trick!

Very happy to have found this! I'm completely new so I'm super excited to be able to learn more. I've tried learning more through youtube but it feels like a lot of things there are for those who really already know what everything is. Every coil build I've watched has been vastly different. :( So I'm happy to see how simple you've broken this down into. x

i'd have preferred it if you had stuck to just the kanthal build as this is what most newbies will be working with and saved the nickel/ss/twisted etc' wire builds for a follow up video

i'd have also liked to see you using an ohm reader and explaining the importance of using one when building to ensure that the coil stays within the range that the mod is capable of firing safely (i know MOST mods have a meter built in but not all do and not all kanthal is the same resistance over it's length as guages/thickness vary slightly)

as to tools i think you pretty much covered it apart from the lack of a resistance reader

i like that you showed a build on a single coil deck with one of the harder style attachment posts but would personally liked to have seen the coil "square" to the wicking points and you explaining the point of being careful to centre the coil to ensure it doesn't short to the chamber and creating problems

as a very basic coil building tutorial it will help some but personally i'd advise any newbies to search out a few more videos on building simple basic kanthal builds, a newbie can never be given too much safety instruction

i'm a tinkerer, i like to build things, i've built from motorcycles to trucks over the years and also tinkered with stereos, tvs and amatuer radio, taught myself the basics of using lathes and milling machines and taught myself to read wiring diagrams to build my own wiring harnesses which has meant i've also had to learn about "shorts" so understood from the off that i had to watch the positioning of my coil

i know it's your time and effort and you've freely given it but i'm going to make one more little suggestion, write yourself a list/layout/script of the bits you wish to demonstrate in future so that you can check what you're demonstrating to ensure you've covered all the essential bases, this will allow you to ignore the not essential parts and focus on the essentials

don't take this post as a knock as that's not how it's intended, i'm after the same thing as you ... helping folks continue in thier hobby/cigarette evasion SAFELY

Cheers
Pete

Very good video myvapery!
Open question-
I am relatively new to vaping and want to start messing with RTA's and building my own coils. Up to now I've been a bit overwhelmed with the vids on coiling that I've watched and I'm only just getting the vaping slang used on them :) Until I watched myvaporys vid I had decided on a Cruis with velocity deck, due to its ratings and versatility. It covered them but as it said, due to the large reservoir it is best for low resistance wire. If I buy the Cruis it will be on a Tesla 100w nano and I MTL but want the option to STL in case I get into it. Does the coil (heat) have anything to do with the throat hit or is it about adjustable airflow or both?

Very good video myvapery!
Open question-
I am relatively new to vaping and want to start messing with RTA's and building my own coils. Up to now I've been a bit overwhelmed with the vids on coiling that I've watched and I'm only just getting the vaping slang used on them :) Until I watched myvaporys vid I had decided on a Cruis with velocity deck, due to its ratings and versatility. It covered them but as it said, due to the large reservoir it is best for low resistance wire. If I buy the Cruis it will be on a Tesla 100w nano and I MTL but want the option to STL in case I get into it. Does the coil (heat) have anything to do with the throat hit or is it about adjustable airflow or both?
a lot of your throat hit comes from your pg/vg mix(higher pg higher hit) and nic content if you are going to mtl im not sure the crius is the right tank as its a twin deck and perhaps too small to get a dual build that will be high enough ohms for mtl. I would add that i may not be the best person to confirm this and other more experienced apes will perhaps confirm or deny this. Finally i would add that the crius is the only tank i use but i sub at 0.12ohms

a lot of your throat hit comes from your pg/vg mix(higher pg higher hit) and nic content if you are going to mtl im not sure the crius is the right tank as its a twin deck and perhaps too small to get a dual build that will be high enough ohms for mtl. I would add that i may not be the best person to confirm this and other more experienced apes will perhaps confirm or deny this. Finally i would add that the crius is the only tank i use but i sub at 0.12ohms
Cheers for the reply :) Yep that makes sense, the PG and nic. The more I've looked into building my own coils the more I want to. Also I have to consider post TPD so I am going for a Crius RTA and Velocity RDA clone and will change my vaping style if need be, I want to get the most out of vaping to keep me from going back to tobacco. Either way I have to upgrade my mod, I only have a T22 14w, only been vaping for a month :) and I need to start mixing my own juice :2thumbsup: More quandries and conundrums, I love it! :14:

Cheers for the reply :) Yep that makes sense, the PG and nic. The more I've looked into building my own coils the more I want to. Also I have to consider post TPD so I am going for a Crius RTA and Velocity RDA clone and will change my vaping style if need be, I want to get the most out of vaping to keep me from going back to tobacco. Either way I have to upgrade my mod, I only have a T22 14w, only been vaping for a month :) and I need to start mixing my own juice :2thumbsup: More quandries and conundrums, I love it! :14:
Go for it go for it all. I havent been vaping that long myself(may) and when you first delve into it it can all seem a little daunting but trust me its so much easier than you may think I now only use rebuildable and mix all my own juice. There are plenty of videos and apes willing to help and a lot of it is common sense

i've only been vaping 4 months, i've moved on from a straight MTL kit (nautilus mini and Istick 40w TC) to a Goblin Mini and RX200, the Goblin is a great little tank if you get the wicking correct, i've been running dual parallels at 0.25ohm in it for the last month and prior to that for about 8 weeks i was running it with a single coil....

not the easiest tank to get the hang of coiling and wicking but with a little perseverance they're great

Back
Top Bottom