What's new

How To Cleaning coils in RDA and how to rewick.

mackieftw

Initiate
Hey all,

Made a video for my friends showing a simple way how to clean your coils to prolong their life and how to do a simple rewick.
Thought I would share the video here for others, just incase it can help anyone else out.

Cheers,
Mackieftw

Good tips mate. Might I suggest that a saucer of water will do just as good a job, and is a lot safer. I've seen a mod immersed is liquid (beer) and it didn't end well. I've now started using a coil master coiling jig that has a wire brush on one end, to remove those stubborn bits of gunk, especially on claptons etc.

Good tips mate. Might I suggest that a saucer of water will do just as good a job, and is a lot safer. I've seen a mod immersed is liquid (beer) and it didn't end well. I've now started using a coil master coiling jig that has a wire brush on one end, to remove those stubborn bits of gunk, especially on claptons etc.

Good tips regarding a saucer, I guess the cup method has just always been my way of doing it. :p

Nice vid. Didn't know about the water trick (always a bit wary with the batteries etc) but will definitely be giving that a go.

Nice vid. Didn't know about the water trick (always a bit wary with the batteries etc) but will definitely be giving that a go.

Yeah it helps big time with cleaning, just make sure you do what I did at first. After submerging the coils in the water keep your mod upside down for a few seconds.

We have just been talking about this in the ultrasonic cleaner thread too! It's very good - and US cleaners are cheap (LINK)

Marvelous! Nice pace Concise demo to watch n learn via. Cheers Dude!

P. S. What's the kit your using? What's the mod? Looks Nice and Chunky and Will Stand nicely on a table without tipping over all the time like many of the tall thin ones. Also the Coils look nice and chunky. What size are they? Cheers again!

Back
Top Bottom