What's new

Can you rebuild the Limitless Premade coil?

ScottishDuck13

Postman
Just a quick question...

I got a Limitless classic recently. Dont get me started on trying to get my normal coils (DK Alien V2's) glowing evenly on the postless deck, what a nightmare.

But what I was wondering is if possible to re-COIL not just re-wick the IMC-3 deck. I havent actually used the supplied premade one yet so dont want to pull it apart, just wondered if anyone has tried and if possible?

Cheers :)

Think the imc-3 coils are soldered/welded into place so while I'm sure its possible don't know if its worth the hassle. Love the classic myself so much I bought the mech kit after my first one. cant say ive had a problem with the postless deck except a few wasted coils when I trimmed the legs to short but then I Use SS clap or flaptons.

Just to add tho the Velocity is so easy to build on and I find better flavour with that than the postless although the postless will give better clouds with the same coils

Think the imc-3 coils are soldered/welded into place so while I'm sure its possible don't know if its worth the hassle. Love the classic myself so much I bought the mech kit after my first one. cant say ive had a problem with the postless deck except a few wasted coils when I trimmed the legs to short but then I Use SS clap or flaptons.

Just to add tho the Velocity is so easy to build on and I find better flavour with that than the postless although the postless will give better clouds with the same coils

Awell, thought it would be something like that, didn't want to pull apart incase i fcuked it and couldn't try it.

Awww man, I just had no luck! Was trying these new Alien V2 Violence coils from Demon Killer and the first set 1 always glowed first (like badly) tried every trick I know, other one actually stopped glowing completely. So scrapped them and got 2 more from the tin, same issue. Eventually just stuck single wire on which worked first time and were actually Ok but needed a bit more...

So today tried the DK coils again and finally got them working, but now the Ohms are jumping about like mad. they are 0.25 so should come in about 0.12 on a dual, but every time I checked they were anywhere between 0.16 and 0.45 different every time
Tried tightening the screws again, all good, all sitting OK. Just weird :S

Might be worth double checking your assembly ive found that its best to screw the deck down onto the tank or dripper base before screwing in the center pin.
Especially if your using the dripper base, I had no end of trouble with that not making a proper connection until I figured it out

nah i have the postless deck on the 'tank' bit and the Velocity deck on the dripper base so havent actually unscrew the pin at all yet

Could be the cause then. If ohms are still jumping try taking the pin out and screw it in. Doesn't always connect right if the decks screwed down onto it

Oops, didn't mean to post just then.
No troubles here on any of the decks, double check connections and check for debris on the postless deck.
I've not even looked at the imc-3, I'll pull it apart later...... [emoji16]

The stock coil units are ok for what they are and they are indeed welded but you can re-wick them but airflow doesn't work well with them so not worth bothering with imo and ime.
Those Demon Aliens are flat so make sure the lug screws are biting fully and into the same part of the coils, easy to overtighten ...

I always recommend using thicker coils on the postless deck. The velocity deck is amazing, good size so you can fit around 7-8 wraps with 26 gauge Clapton. Since there are no posts the can get knocked easily.

It's not worth rebuilding. Just screw in the premade. Should vape nicely at 60-80W. No higher, as it'll burn. The cotton is poor ish quality, maybe you could rewick it? Looks fiddly though, but you can get a week out of it. Save it til you have no coils or cotton and can't get any.

Back
Top Bottom