What's new

Battery wrapping

SH-91

Initiate
Can anyone help me i have a couple of battries on the verge of blowing my face off and none of the local shops will re wrap the most helpful one said its not hard but if it goes wrong can be pretty dangerous so is it worth me trying to do it myself or push out further to look for someone that will do it for me ?
And if its worth trying myself anyone got a trusted tutorial i clould follow

It's easy mate my 8 year old can wrap a battery and as long as you don't lose the insulator on the positive it's not dangerous using a hair dryer

It's easy mate my 8 year old can wrap a battery and as long as you don't lose the insulator on the positive it's not dangerous using a hair dryer
The pressure is on now theres an 8 year old doing it ! Haha thanks mate

The pressure is on now theres an 8 year old doing it ! Haha thanks mate
honestly mate don't believe the dick in the shop it's easy [emoji4] one tip though make sure your hair dryer is hot before you point it at your battery [emoji6]

honestly mate don't believe the dick in the shop it's easy [emoji4] one tip though make sure your hair dryer is hot before you point it at your battery [emoji6]
Will do thanks mate dunno what he was in about dont see what could go dramatically wrong with it other than loosing the insulator bit [emoji848][emoji848]

Will do thanks mate dunno what he was in about dont see what could go dramatically wrong with it other than loosing the insulator bit [emoji848][emoji848]
If your using a heat gun I suppose you could push the temp of the battery too high and blow it but using a hair dryer you can't do anything wrong it's simple [emoji6]

I agree, the plain coloured wraps are literally pence too, so if you do mess it up, just rip it off and start again.

Any damage, wrap them .... I'll do it for anything, even a slight nick on the bottom, not worth the risk.

Shops probably refusing purely due to liability issues if anything went wrong later on.

Don't worry, it's pretty simple. Get yourself some wraps and don't worry if it doesn't go right first time, just take it off and start again.

When removing the wrap, if you are using a knife to make a slit in it, make sure you work from the negative end of the battery. Never use a metal implement near the positive end.

Can anyone help me i have a couple of battries on the verge of blowing my face off and none of the local shops will re wrap the most helpful one said its not hard but if it goes wrong can be pretty dangerous so is it worth me trying to do it myself or push out further to look for someone that will do it for me ?
And if its worth trying myself anyone got a trusted tutorial i clould follow
Hi mate, I used a small heat gun and wraps just fine, if in doubt about doing it then obviously dont risk it, as the chaps on here said if it fails then just re do, its cheap enough :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom